Key features and details
- Suitable for: Blocking
Product nameBim peptide
See all Bim proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab179844 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Bim antibody [Y36] (ab32158)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C.
Information available upon request.
- BCL2 like 11
FunctionInduces apoptosis. Isoform BimL is more potent than isoform BimEL. Isoform Bim-alpha1, isoform Bim-alpha2 and isoform Bim-alpha3 induce apoptosis, although less potent than the isoforms BimEL, BimL and BimS. Isoform Bim-gamma induces apoptosis.
Tissue specificityIsoform BimEL, isoform BimL and isoform BimS are the predominant isoforms and are ubiquitously expressed with a tissue-specific variation. Isoform Bim-gamma is most abundantly expressed in small intestine and colon, and in lower levels in spleen, prostate, testis, heart, liver and kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Bcl-2 family.
DomainThe BH3 motif is required for Bcl-2 binding and cytotoxicity.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion and Endomembrane system. Associated with intracytoplasmic membranes.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab179844 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.