Key features and details
- Biotin Mouse monoclonal [1A4] to alpha smooth muscle Actin
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: Biotin
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameBiotin Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4]
See all alpha smooth muscle Actin primary antibodies
DescriptionBiotin Mouse monoclonal [1A4] to alpha smooth muscle Actin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to alpha smooth muscle Actin.
- In IHC, this antibody gave a positive signal in human ductal carcinoma FFPE Tissue section.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA, 30% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typekappa
- Alexa Fluor® 488 Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (ab184675)
- Alexa Fluor® 594 Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (ab202368)
- HRP Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (ab203696)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] - BSA and Azide free (ab240654)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (ab7817)
- FITC Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (ab8211)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab125057 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA2 are the cause of aortic aneurysm familial thoracic type 6 (AAT6) [MIM:611788]. AATs are characterized by permanent dilation of the thoracic aorta usually due to degenerative changes in the aortic wall. They are primarily associated with a characteristic histologic appearance known as 'medial necrosis' or 'Erdheim cystic medial necrosis' in which there is degeneration and fragmentation of elastic fibers, loss of smooth muscle cells, and an accumulation of basophilic ground substance.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- a actin antibody
- AAT6 antibody
- ACTA_HUMAN antibody
IHC image of ab125057 staining in human breast ductal carcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol B. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab125057, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated ABC system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab125057 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Ohigashi H et al. Ocular instillation of vitamin A-coupled liposomes containing HSP47 siRNA ameliorates dry eye syndrome in chronic GVHD. Blood Adv 3:1003-1010 (2019). PubMed: 30940635
- Clement M et al. MARK4 (Microtubule Affinity-Regulating Kinase 4)-Dependent Inflammasome Activation Promotes Atherosclerosis-Brief Report. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 39:1645-1651 (2019). PubMed: 31167564
- Dobnikar L et al. Disease-relevant transcriptional signatures identified in individual smooth muscle cells from healthy mouse vessels. Nat Commun 9:4567 (2018). PubMed: 30385745
- Liu S et al. Members of Bitter Taste Receptor ClusterTas2r143/Tas2r135/Tas2r126Are Expressed in the Epithelium of Murine Airways and Other Non-gustatory Tissues. Front Physiol 8:849 (2017). PubMed: 29163195
- Kaur H et al. Single-cell profiling reveals heterogeneity and functional patterning of GPCR expression in the vascular system. Nat Commun 8:15700 (2017). IHC-Fr . PubMed: 28621310