Key features and details
- Biotin Mouse monoclonal [C-04] to Cytokeratin 18
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: Biotin
- Isotype: IgG1
Related conjugates and formulations
Product nameBiotin Anti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody [C-04]
See all Cytokeratin 18 primary antibodies
DescriptionBiotin Mouse monoclonal [C-04] to Cytokeratin 18
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mammals
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Human Cytokeratin 18. Cytoskeleton preparation of epidermal carcinoma cell line A431
- WB: HT-29 (reducing and non-reducing conditions) cell lysate.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurity >95% by SDS-PAGE.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27553 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa.
1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa.
FunctionInvolved in the uptake of thrombin-antithrombin complexes by hepatic cells (By similarity). When phosphorylated, plays a role in filament reorganization. Involved in the delivery of mutated CFTR to the plasma membrane. Together with KRT8, is involved in interleukin-6 (IL-6)-mediated barrier protection.
Tissue specificityExpressed in colon, placenta, liver and very weakly in exocervix. Increased expression observed in lymph nodes of breast carcinoma.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in KRT18 are a cause of cirrhosis (CIRRH) [MIM:215600].
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-34 increases during mitosis. Hyperphosphorylated at Ser-53 in diseased cirrhosis liver. Phosphorylation increases by IL-6.
Proteolytically cleaved by caspases during epithelial cell apoptosis. Cleavage occurs at Asp-238 by either caspase-3, caspase-6 or caspase-7.
O-glycosylated at multiple sites; glycans consist of single N-acetylglucosamine residues.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > perinuclear region.
- Information by UniProt
- Cell proliferation inducing gene 46 protein antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 46 antibody
- Cell proliferation-inducing gene 46 protein antibody
All lanes : Biotin Anti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody [C-04] (ab27553) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HT-29 (Human colorectal adenocarcinoma cell line) whole cell lysate (reducing conditions)
Lane 2 : MOLT-4 (Human lymphoblastic leukemia cell line) whole cell lysate (reducing conditions)
Lane 3 : MOLT-4 (Human lymphoblastic leukemia cell line) whole cell lysate (non-reducing conditions)
Lane 4 : HT-29 (Human colorectal adenocarcinoma cell line) whole cell lysate (non-reducing conditions)
All lanes : Conjugated Streptavidin
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
Observed band size: 46 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Proteolytic fragment observed at approximately 25 kDa.
ab27553 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Gao Q et al. Paeoniflorin prevents postoperative peritoneal adhesion formation in an experimental rat model. Oncotarget 8:93899-93911 (2017). PubMed: 29212197
- Prater MD et al. Mammary stem cells have myoepithelial cell properties. Nat Cell Biol 16:942-50 (2014). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 25173976
- Kim S et al. FGFR2 promotes breast tumorigenicity through maintenance of breast tumor-initiating cells. PLoS One 8:e51671 (2013). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 23300950
- Drobinskaya I et al. Scalable selection of hepatocyte- and hepatocyte precursor-like cells from culture of differentiating transgenically modified murine embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells 26:2245-56 (2008). ICC/IF . PubMed: 18556507