Key features and details
- Biotin Mouse monoclonal [C-04] to Cytokeratin 18
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Conjugation: Biotin
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameBiotin Anti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody [C-04]
See all Cytokeratin 18 primary antibodies
DescriptionBiotin Mouse monoclonal [C-04] to Cytokeratin 18
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Mammals
Cytoskeleton preparation of epidermal carcinoma cell line A431.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurity >95% by SDS-PAGE.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27553 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa.|
FunctionInvolved in the uptake of thrombin-antithrombin complexes by hepatic cells (By similarity). When phosphorylated, plays a role in filament reorganization. Involved in the delivery of mutated CFTR to the plasma membrane. Together with KRT8, is involved in interleukin-6 (IL-6)-mediated barrier protection.
Tissue specificityExpressed in colon, placenta, liver and very weakly in exocervix. Increased expression observed in lymph nodes of breast carcinoma.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in KRT18 are a cause of cirrhosis (CIRRH) [MIM:215600].
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-34 increases during mitosis. Hyperphosphorylated at Ser-53 in diseased cirrhosis liver. Phosphorylation increases by IL-6.
Proteolytically cleaved by caspases during epithelial cell apoptosis. Cleavage occurs at Asp-238 by either caspase-3, caspase-6 or caspase-7.
O-glycosylated at multiple sites; glycans consist of single N-acetylglucosamine residues.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > perinuclear region.
- Information by UniProt
- Cell proliferation inducing gene 46 protein antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 46 antibody
- Cell proliferation-inducing gene 46 protein antibody
ab27553 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Gao Q et al. Paeoniflorin prevents postoperative peritoneal adhesion formation in an experimental rat model. Oncotarget 8:93899-93911 (2017). PubMed: 29212197
- Prater MD et al. Mammary stem cells have myoepithelial cell properties. Nat Cell Biol 16:942-50 (2014). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 25173976
- Kim S et al. FGFR2 promotes breast tumorigenicity through maintenance of breast tumor-initiating cells. PLoS One 8:e51671 (2013). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 23300950
- Drobinskaya I et al. Scalable selection of hepatocyte- and hepatocyte precursor-like cells from culture of differentiating transgenically modified murine embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells 26:2245-56 (2008). ICC/IF . PubMed: 18556507