Key features and details
- Biotin Rabbit polyclonal to E. coli
- Suitable for: ELISA, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Escherichia coli
- Conjugation: Biotin
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameBiotin Anti-E. coli antibody
See all E. coli primary antibodies
DescriptionBiotin Rabbit polyclonal to E. coli
SpecificityMany "O" and "K" antigenic serotypes of Escherichia coli. Will remove E. coli proteins from recombinant preparations. Tested specifically with the strains O18, O20, O44, O55, O111, O112, O125, O157, K12.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Escherichia coli
Tissue/ cell preparation (Mixture of E. coli serotypes: K12, O111, O55, O125, O20, and O157).
Covalently coupled with the N-Hydroxysuccinimide ester of biotin under mild conditions to give a high degree of substitution.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesProtein A chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20640 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceEscherichia coli is a gram negative bacillus that belongs to a larger group of Enterobacteriae - bacteria that inhabit the gastrointestinal tract. Although usually a harmless resident of the gut, some strains have the potential to cause serious problems, especially where there is an immature immune system or immunosuppression, or where the subtype of organism has acquired the ability to produce pathogenic toxins.
- Escherichia coli antibody
ab20640 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Wang KY et al. Disposable syringe-based visual immunotest for pathogenic bacteria based on the catalase mimicking activity of platinum nanoparticle-concanavalin A hybrid nanoflowers. Mikrochim Acta 186:57 (2019). PubMed: 30617909
- Bu SJ et al. Immunoassay for pathogenic bacteria using platinum nanoparticles and a hand-held hydrogen detector as transducer. Application to the detection of Escherichia coli O157:H7. Mikrochim Acta 186:296 (2019). PubMed: 31016400
- Schaumburg F et al. Rapid Bacteria Detection at Low Concentrations Using Sequential Immunomagnetic Separation and Paper-Based Isotachophoresis. Anal Chem 91:9623-9630 (2019). PubMed: 31282665
- Migliore F et al. Phagocytosis and Epithelial Cell Invasion by Crohn's Disease-Associated Adherent-Invasive Escherichia coli Are Inhibited by the Anti-inflammatory Drug 6-Mercaptopurine. Front Microbiol 9:964 (2018). PubMed: 29867868
- Malec A et al. Biosensing System for Concentration Quantification of Magnetically Labeled E. coli in Water Samples. Sensors (Basel) 18:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30002348