Key features and details
- Biotin Goat polyclonal to HIV1 gp120
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Conjugation: Biotin
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameBiotin Anti-HIV1 gp120 antibody
See all HIV1 gp120 primary antibodies
DescriptionBiotin Goat polyclonal to HIV1 gp120
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Fr, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to HIV1 gp120. Purified native gp120 from strain IIIB.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified IgG conjugated to Biotin.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53937 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
RelevanceHIV1 is equipped with the envelope gp160 glycoprotein for interaction with Langerhans cells (LCs) and dendritic cells (DCs), the members of the innate immune system, which confront the virus at the portal of virus entry in the human body. These cells are equipped with receptors by which they bind and endocytose the virus. The gp120 glycoprotein is used for binding to CD4 receptor and CCR5 co-receptor of T helper 2 (Th2) cells, and is able to induce FcepsilonRI(+) hematopoietic cells to produce IL4, which inactivates the host adaptive immune response.
Cellular localizationEnvelope surface glycoprotein.
- Glycoprotein 120 antibody
- gp120 antibody
- SU antibody
- Surface protein antibody
ab53937 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Beraud C et al. Reassessment of the capacity of the HIV-1 Env cytoplasmic domain to trigger NF-?B activation. Virol J 15:35 (2018). PubMed: 29454367
- Safavieh M et al. Paper microchip with a graphene-modified silver nano-composite electrode for electrical sensing of microbial pathogens. Nanoscale 9:1852-1861 (2017). PubMed: 27845796
- Santos da Silva E et al. The Envelope Cytoplasmic Tail of HIV-1 Subtype C Contributes to Poor Replication Capacity through Low Viral Infectivity and Cell-to-Cell Transmission. PLoS One 11:e0161596 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27598717
- Shafiee H et al. Printed Flexible Plastic Microchip for Viral Load Measurement through Quantitative Detection of Viruses in Plasma and Saliva. Sci Rep 5:9919 (2015). PubMed: 26046668
- Inci F et al. Multitarget, quantitative nanoplasmonic electrical field-enhanced resonating device (NE2RD) for diagnostics. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:E4354-63 (2015). PubMed: 26195743
- Shafiee H et al. Nanostructured optical photonic crystal biosensor for HIV viral load measurement. Sci Rep 4:4116 (2014). PubMed: 24576941
- Reuven EM et al. The HIV-1 envelope transmembrane domain binds TLR2 through a distinct dimerization motif and inhibits TLR2-mediated responses. PLoS Pathog 10:e1004248 (2014). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 25121610
- Øynebråten I et al. Increased generation of HIV-1 gp120-reactive CD8+ T cells by a DNA vaccine construct encoding the chemokine CCL3. PLoS One 9:e104814 (2014). PubMed: 25122197
- Kim YG et al. Quantum dot-based HIV capture and imaging in a microfluidic channel. Biosens Bioelectron 25:253-8 (2009). PubMed: 19665685