Key features and details
- Biotin Rabbit polyclonal to IRE1 (phospho S724)
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Conjugation: Biotin
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameBiotin Anti-IRE1 (phospho S724) antibody
See all IRE1 primary antibodies
DescriptionBiotin Rabbit polyclonal to IRE1 (phospho S724)
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Does not react with: Monkey
Synthetic peptide surrounding the phosphorylated serine 724 of human IRE1.
- Glucose treated pancreatic islets and endogenous protein of pancreatic beta cells and insuli. COS-7 expressing wild-type IRE1. Min6 cells treated with glucose.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituents: 30% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
FunctionSenses unfolded proteins in the lumen of the endoplasmic reticulum via its N-terminal domain which leads to enzyme auto-activation. The active endoribonuclease domain splices XBP1 mRNA to generate a new C-terminus, converting it into a potent unfolded-protein response transcriptional activator and triggering growth arrest and apoptosis.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. High levels observed in pancreatic tissue.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 KEN domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Endoplasmic reticulum (ER) to nucleus signalling 1 antibody
- Endoplasmic reticulum to nucleus signaling 1 antibody
- Endoplasmic reticulum-to-nucleus signaling 1 antibody
ab81936 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- He Y et al. Palmitic acid, but not high-glucose, induced myocardial apoptosis is alleviated by N-acetylcysteine due to attenuated mitochondrial-derived ROS accumulation-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress. Cell Death Dis 9:568 (2018). PubMed: 29752433