Key features and details
- Biotin Rat monoclonal [RB6-8C5] to Ly6g
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Conjugation: Biotin
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameBiotin Anti-Ly6g antibody [RB6-8C5]
See all Ly6g primary antibodies
DescriptionBiotin Rat monoclonal [RB6-8C5] to Ly6g
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze. Store undiluted.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.14% Monobasic dihydrogen sodium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.1% Gelatin
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified from TCS
Light chain typekappa
- PerCP Anti-Ly6g antibody [RB6-8C5] (ab236728)
- redFluor™ 710 Anti-Ly6g antibody [RB6-8C5] (ab242065)
- PE Anti-Ly6g antibody [RB6-8C5] (ab24884)
- FITC Anti-Ly6g antibody [RB6-8C5] (ab25024)
- APC Anti-Ly6g antibody [RB6-8C5] (ab25273)
- violetFluor™ 450 Anti-Ly6g antibody [RB6-8C5] (ab253070)
- Anti-Ly6g antibody [RB6-8C5] (ab25377)
- PE/Cy7® Anti-Ly6g antibody [RB6-8C5] (ab25514)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25680 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab18542 - Rat monoclonal IgG2b, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
RelevanceLy6G is a GPI-anchored protein, that is also known as the myeloid differentiation antigen Gr1. The antigen is transiently expressed on monocytes in the bone marrow. The level of antigen expression in the bone marrow directly correlates with granulocyte differentiation and maturation. Ly6G is expressed predominantly on neutrophils, also in a subset of eosinophils, differentiating pre-monocytes, and plasmacytoid dendritic cells.
Cellular localizationAttached to the membrane by a GPI-anchor.
- Gr-1 antibody
- Gr1 antibody
- Ly-6G.1 antibody
ab25680 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Caruso JA et al. The serine protease inhibitor elafin maintains normal growth control by opposing the mitogenic effects of neutrophil elastase. Oncogene N/A:N/A (2014). PubMed: 25195861
- Tumpey TM et al. Neutrophil-mediated suppression of virus replication after herpes simplex virus type 1 infection of the murine cornea. J Virol 70:898-904 (1996). PubMed: 8551629
- Lagasse E & Weissman IL Flow cytometric identification of murine neutrophils and monocytes. J Immunol Methods 197:139-50 (1996). PubMed: 8890901
- Rakhmilevich AL Neutrophils are essential for resolution of primary and secondary infection with Listeria monocytogenes. J Leukoc Biol 57:827-31 (1995). PubMed: 7790763
- Czuprynski CJ et al. Administration of anti-granulocyte mAb RB6-8C5 impairs the resistance of mice to Listeria monocytogenes infection. J Immunol 152:1836-46 (1994). PubMed: 8120393