Key features and details
- Biotin Mouse monoclonal [18H10] to MD2
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: Biotin
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameBiotin Anti-MD2 antibody [18H10]
See all MD2 primary antibodies
DescriptionBiotin Mouse monoclonal [18H10] to MD2
Specificityab155580 does not react with sMD2. In addition, the monoclonal antibody 18H10 is able to inhibit bacterial binding to MD2.
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
TLR4/MD2 expressing CHO cells/ chimeric TLR4/MD2 fusion protein.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
FunctionCooperates with TLR4 in the innate immune response to bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS), and with TLR2 in the response to cell wall components from Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. Enhances TLR4-dependent activation of NF-kappa-B. Cells expressing both MD2 and TLR4, but not TLR4 alone, respond to LPS.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space.
- Information by UniProt
- ESOP 1 antibody
- ESOP-1 antibody
- ESOP1 antibody
ab155580 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Morgan HL et al. Low protein diet and methyl-donor supplements modify testicular physiology in mice. Reproduction 159:627-641 (2020). PubMed: 32163913
- Kluth O et al. Decreased Expression of Cilia Genes in Pancreatic Islets as a Risk Factor for Type 2 Diabetes in Mice and Humans. Cell Rep 26:3027-3036.e3 (2019). PubMed: 30865891
- Sullivan B et al. On the nature of the Cu-rich aggregates in brain astrocytes. Redox Biol 11:231-239 (2017). PubMed: 28012438
- Wilkinson RD et al. A bioavailable cathepsin S nitrile inhibitor abrogates tumor development. Mol Cancer 15:29 (2016). PubMed: 27097645
- Li J et al. Loss of PTPN12 Stimulates Progression of ErbB2-Dependent Breast Cancer by Enhancing Cell Survival, Migration, and Epithelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition. Mol Cell Biol 35:4069-82 (2015). PubMed: 26391955