Key features and details
- Biotin Mouse monoclonal [9E10] to Myc tag
- Suitable for: WB
- Conjugation: Biotin
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameBiotin Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10]
See all Myc tag primary antibodies
DescriptionBiotin Mouse monoclonal [9E10] to Myc tag
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for Myc tagged proteins. The Myc tag epitope (EQKLISEEDL) is located at the dimerization site of c-myc and therefore this antibody does not perform well at recognizing endogenous c-myc.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Epitopeab81658 recognizes the sequence EQKLISEEDL (derived from the human c-myc protein).
FormLyophilized:Prior to use, reconstitute in 1 ml de-ionized water, vortex gently and allow material to reconstitute for 20 minutes. Avoid exposure to heat.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 1.6394% Sodium phosphate, 1.7115% Sucrose, 0.8766% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typekappa
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Domain Families
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- DyLight® 650 Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab117487)
- DyLight® 488 Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab117499)
- DyLight® 550 Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab117511)
- FITC Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab117599)
- Biotin Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] - C-terminal (ab197139)
- Alexa Fluor® 488 Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab202008)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab206486)
- Alexa Fluor® 594 Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab223894)
- Alexa Fluor® 647 Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab223895)
- APC Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab223896)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] - BSA and Azide free (ab264603)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab32)
- HRP Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab62928)
- PE Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab72468)
- SureLight® APC Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab72580)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81658 in the following tested applications.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa.|
RelevanceEpitope tags are short peptide sequences that are easily recognized by tag-specific antibodies. Due to their small size, epitope tags do not affect the tagged protein’s biochemical properties. Most often sequences encoding the epitope tag are included with target DNA at the time of cloning to produce fusion proteins containing the epitope tag sequence. This allows anti-epitope tag antibodies to serve as universal detection reagents for any tag containing protein produced by recombinant means. This means that anti-epitope tag antibodies are a useful alternative to generating specific antibodies to identify, immunoprecipitate or immunoaffinity purify a recombinant protein. The anti-epitope tag antibody is usually functional in a variety of antibody-dependent experimental procedures. Expression vectors producing epitope tag fusion proteins are available for a variety of host expression systems including bacteria, yeast, insect and mammalian cells.
- c-myc tag antibody
- Myc Epitope Tag antibody
ab81658 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Teranishi Y et al. Proton myo-inositol cotransporter is a novel ?-secretase associated protein that regulates Aß production without affecting Notch cleavage. FEBS J 282:3438-51 (2015). PubMed: 26094765
- Evan GI et al. Isolation of monoclonal antibodies specific for human c-myc proto-oncogene product. Mol Cell Biol 5:3610-6 (1985). PubMed: 3915782