Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Biotin Rabbit monoclonal [EP1845Y] to Sodium Potassium ATPase - Plasma Membrane Loading Control
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: Biotin
Product nameBiotin Anti-Sodium Potassium ATPase antibody [EP1845Y] - Plasma Membrane Loading Control
See all Sodium Potassium ATPase primary antibodies
DescriptionBiotin Rabbit monoclonal [EP1845Y] to Sodium Potassium ATPase - Plasma Membrane Loading Control
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Tilapia
Synthetic peptide within Human Sodium Potassium ATPase aa 1-100 (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- IHC-P: normal human cerebral cortex tissue sections
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 30% Glycerol, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-Sodium Potassium ATPase antibody [EP1845Y] - BSA and Azide free (ab167390)
- HRP Anti-Sodium Potassium ATPase antibody [EP1845Y] - Plasma Membrane Loading Control (ab185065)
- Alexa Fluor® 488 Anti-Sodium Potassium ATPase antibody [EP1845Y] - Plasma Membrane Marker (ab197713)
- Alexa Fluor® 647 Anti-Sodium Potassium ATPase antibody [EP1845Y] - Plasma Membrane Marker (ab198367)
- PE Anti-Sodium Potassium ATPase antibody [EP1845Y] - Plasma Membrane Loading Control (ab209299)
- Alexa Fluor® 405 Anti-Sodium Potassium ATPase antibody [EP1845Y] - Plasma Membrane Loading Control (ab210143)
- Alexa Fluor® 555 Anti-Sodium Potassium ATPase antibody [EP1845Y] - Plasma Membrane Loading Control (ab274883)
- Anti-Sodium Potassium ATPase antibody [EP1845Y] - Plasma Membrane Loading Control (ab76020)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab198366 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionThis is the catalytic component of the active enzyme, which catalyzes the hydrolysis of ATP coupled with the exchange of sodium and potassium ions across the plasma membrane. This action creates the electrochemical gradient of sodium and potassium ions, providing the energy for active transport of various nutrients.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cation transport ATPase (P-type) (TC 3.A.3) family. Type IIC subfamily.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Tyr-10 modulates pumping activity.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Melanosome. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- ATPase Na+/K+ transporting alpha antibody
- adenosinetriphosphatase antibody
- AT1A1_HUMAN antibody
IHC image of Sodium Potassium ATPase staining in a section of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded normal human cerebral cortex, performed on a Leica BOND™. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20mins, before blocking of endogenous biotin using ab64212. The section was then incubated with ab198366, 1/100 dilution, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated ABC system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX. The inset negative control image is taken from an identical assay without primary antibody.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab198366 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.