Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to BIRC6/APOLLON
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-BIRC6/APOLLON antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BIRC6/APOLLON
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to BIRC6/APOLLON (C terminal).
Database link: Q9NR09
This product was previously labelled as BIRC6
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.021% PBS, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 1.815% Tris
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19609 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/5000 - 1/15000. Predicted molecular weight: 528 kDa.|
|IP||Use at 1-4 µg/mg of lysate.|
|IHC-P||1/2000 - 1/10000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionProtects cells from undergoing apoptosis.
Tissue specificityExpressed in brain cancer cells.
Sequence similaritiesIn the C-terminal section; belongs to the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme family.
Contains 1 BIR repeat.
modificationsUbiquitinated. Ubiquitination is mediated by the RNF41 E3 ligase and leads to proteasomal degradation, impairing inhibition of apoptosis.
- Information by UniProt
- Apollon antibody
- Apollon protein antibody
- Baculoviral IAP repeat containing 6 antibody
All lanes : Anti-BIRC6/APOLLON antibody (ab19609) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 20 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa S100 extract at 20 µg
Lane 4 : HeLa S100 extract at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 528 kDa
Detection of Human BIRC6/APOLLON by western blot.
Lane 1: 20 µg of HeLa whole cell lysate.
Lane 2: 50 µg of HeLa whole cell lysate.
Lane 3: 20 µg of HeLa S100 extract.
Lane 4: 50 µg of HeLa S100 extract.
Affinity purified anti-BIRC antibody (ab19609) was used at a 1/10,000 dilution.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human breast carcinoma tissue labelling BIRC6/APOLLON with ab19609 at 1/5000 (0.2µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
Detection of human BIRC6/APOLLON by Immunoprecipitation. Affinity purified ab19609 used at 2mcg/mg lysate (whole cell lysate (10mg) from HeLa cells. The immunoprecipitate was resolved by SDS-PAGE and stained with Coomassie Blue. The band that is BIRC6/APOLLON was confirmed by mass spectrometry.
ICC/IF image of ab19609 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab19609, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab19609 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Park JS et al. Alpha-lipoic acid attenuates p-cresyl sulfate-induced renal tubular injury through suppression of apoptosis and autophagy in human proximal tubular epithelial cells. Biomed Pharmacother 112:108679 (2019). PubMed: 30798133
- Okumu DO et al. BIRC6 mediates imatinib resistance independently of Mcl-1. PLoS One 12:e0177871 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28520795
- Li R et al. Expression and clinical significance of Apollon in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Mol Med Rep 14:1933-40 (2016). PubMed: 27432467
- Guo H et al. Expression and clinical significance of Apollon in renal carcinoma. Oncol Lett 12:5129-5135 (2016). WB, IHC . PubMed: 28105219
- Wilding C et al. ?-Synuclein antibodies have neuroprotective potential on neuroretinal cells via proteins of the mitochondrial apoptosis pathway. PLoS One 9:e90737 (2014). PubMed: 24595072
- Lamers F et al. Identification of BIRC6 as a novel intervention target for neuroblastoma therapy. BMC Cancer 12:285 (2012). WB, IP . PubMed: 22788920
- Van Houdt WJ et al. Comparative proteomics of colon cancer stem cells and differentiated tumor cells identifies BIRC6 as a potential therapeutic target. Mol Cell Proteomics 10:M111.011353 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21788403
- Lopergolo A et al. Apollon gene silencing induces apoptosis in breast cancer cells through p53 stabilisation and caspase-3 activation. Br J Cancer 100:739-46 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19223905