Key features and details
- Cell-permeable, adenine-thymine selective DNA fluorescent stain. DNA minor groove-directed agent.
- CAS Number: 23491-52-3
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in water to 75 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameBisbenzimide H 33342 (Hoechst 33342), adenine-thymine selective DNA fluorescent stain
DescriptionCell-permeable, adenine-thymine selective DNA fluorescent stain. DNA minor groove-directed agent.
- Hoechst 33342
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called 2179 bisBenzimide H 33342. 2179-100 is the same size as the 100 mg size of ab145597.
Chemical name2-(4-Ethoxyphenyl)-6-[6-(4-methylpiperazin-1-yl)-1H-benzimidazol-2-yl]-1H-benzimidazole trihydrochloride
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 75 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab145597 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Fahkrajang W et al. Bovine respiratory coronavirus enhances bacterial adherence by upregulating expression of cellular receptors on bovine respiratory epithelial cells. Vet Microbiol 255:109017 (2021). PubMed: 33639390
- McCulloch A et al. Endothelialized silicone aneurysm models for in vitro evaluation of flow diverters. J Neurointerv Surg N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33106319
- Sudaryatma PE et al. Bovine Respiratory Syncytial Virus Decreased Pasteurella multocida Adherence by Downregulating the Expression of Intercellular Adhesion Molecule-1 on the Surface of Upper Respiratory Epithelial Cells. Vet Microbiol 246:108748 (2020). PubMed: 32605748
- Kumar M et al. Quinacrine inhibits GSTA1 activity and induces apoptosis through G1/S arrest and generation of ROS in human non-small cell lung cancer cell lines. Oncotarget 11:1603-1617 (2020). PubMed: 32405336
- Pazinato FM et al. Immunolocalization of Leptin and its Receptor (ObR-b) in Equine Placenta at Term and Plasma Level Measurement in the Late Gestation. J Equine Vet Sci 78:1-5 (2019). PubMed: 31203970
- Sudaryatma PE et al. Co-infection of epithelial cells established from the upper and lower bovine respiratory tract with bovine respiratory syncytial virus and bacteria. Vet Microbiol 235:80-85 (2019). PubMed: 31282382
- Ming-Yan Y et al. Liraglutide inhibits the apoptosis of human nucleus pulposus cells induced by high glucose through PI3K/Akt/caspase-3 signaling pathway. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31383790
- Dos Santos CJ et al. Impact of human cytomegalovirus on glioblastoma cell viability and chemotherapy treatment. J Gen Virol 99:1274-1285 (2018). PubMed: 30045780
- Tian NX et al. KChIP3 N-Terminal 31-50 Fragment Mediates Its Association with TRPV1 and Alleviates Inflammatory Hyperalgesia in Rats. J Neurosci 38:1756-1773 (2018). PubMed: 29335353