Key features and details
- Cell-permeable, adenine-thymine selective DNA fluorescent stain. DNA minor groove-directed agent.
- CAS Number: 23491-52-3
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in water to 75 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameBisbenzimide H 33342 (Hoechst 33342), adenine-thymine selective DNA fluorescent stain
DescriptionCell-permeable, adenine-thymine selective DNA fluorescent stain. DNA minor groove-directed agent.
- Hoechst 33342
Cell-permeable, adenine-thymine selective DNA fluorescent stain. DNA minor groove-directed agent. Labels DNA, chromosomes and nuclei. Stimulates topoisomerase I-mediated DNA cleavage. Bisbenzimide H 33258 (ab145596) analog.
Chemical name2-(4-Ethoxyphenyl)-6-[6-(4-methylpiperazin-1-yl)-1H-benzimidazol-2-yl]-1H-benzimidazole trihydrochloride
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 75 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab145597 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Sudaryatma PE et al. Bovine Respiratory Syncytial Virus Decreased Pasteurella multocida Adherence by Downregulating the Expression of Intercellular Adhesion Molecule-1 on the Surface of Upper Respiratory Epithelial Cells. Vet Microbiol 246:108748 (2020). PubMed: 32605748
- Ming-Yan Y et al. Liraglutide inhibits the apoptosis of human nucleus pulposus cells induced by high glucose through PI3K/Akt/caspase-3 signaling pathway. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31383790
- Pazinato FM et al. Immunolocalization of Leptin and its Receptor (ObR-b) in Equine Placenta at Term and Plasma Level Measurement in the Late Gestation. J Equine Vet Sci 78:1-5 (2019). PubMed: 31203970
- Sudaryatma PE et al. Co-infection of epithelial cells established from the upper and lower bovine respiratory tract with bovine respiratory syncytial virus and bacteria. Vet Microbiol 235:80-85 (2019). PubMed: 31282382
- Tian NX et al. KChIP3 N-Terminal 31-50 Fragment Mediates Its Association with TRPV1 and Alleviates Inflammatory Hyperalgesia in Rats. J Neurosci 38:1756-1773 (2018). PubMed: 29335353