Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to BIT1
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-BIT1 antibody
See all BIT1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BIT1
This antibody is specific for BIT1.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human BIT1 (N terminal).
(Peptide available as
This product was previously labelled as PTRH2
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab36990 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Immunohistochemistry (PFA fixed): Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 23 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 20 kDa). Can be blocked with PTRH2 peptide (ab39732).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionThe natural substrate for this enzyme may be peptidyl-tRNAs which drop off the ribosome during protein synthesis.
Promotes caspase-independent apoptosis by regulating the function of two transcriptional regulators, AES and TLE1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PTH2 family.
- Information by UniProt
- Bcl 2 inhibitor of transcription 1 antibody
- Bcl-2 inhibitor of transcription 1 antibody
- BIT 1 antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-BIT1 antibody (ab36990) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-BIT1 antibody (ab36990) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Anti-BIT1 antibody (ab36990) at 4 µg/ml
All lanes : A20 cell lysate.
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 20 kDa
Observed band size: 23 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
The arrow next to the image points to the BIT1 band.
ab36990 at 2µg/ml staining BIT1 in 3T3 cells by ICC/IF
Immunofluorescence of Bit1 in 3T3 cells using ab36990 at 20 ug/ml.
ab36990 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Liu Y et al. Bit1-a novel regulator of astrocyte function during retinal development: proliferation, migration, and paracrine effects on vascular endothelial cell. Hum Cell 32:418-427 (2019). PubMed: 31368047
- Duthie KA et al. Proteomics analysis of interleukin (IL)-7-induced signaling effectors shows selective changes in IL-7Ralpha449F knock-in T cell progenitors. Mol Cell Proteomics 6:1700-10 (2007). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 17602185