Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Bmi1
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Bmi1 antibody
See all Bmi1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Bmi1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan, Xenopus tropicalis, Platypus
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to a region between amino acids 276-326 of Human Bmi1 (NP_005171.4)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85688 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa.|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
|IHC-P||1/500 - 1/2000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionComponent of the Polycomb group (PcG) multiprotein PRC1 complex, a complex required to maintain the transcriptionally repressive state of many genes, including Hox genes, throughout development. PcG PRC1 complex acts via chromatin remodeling and modification of histones; it mediates monoubiquitination of histone H2A 'Lys-119', rendering chromatin heritably changed in its expressibility. In the PRC1 complex, it is required to stimulate the E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity of RNF2/RING2.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
modificationsMonoubiquitinated (By similarity). May be polyubiquitinated; which does not lead to proteasomal degradation.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- B lymphoma Mo MLV insertion region (mouse) antibody
- B lymphoma Mo MLV insertion region 1 homolog antibody
- Bmi 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Bmi1 antibody (ab85688) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 5 : NIH3T3 cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 37 kDa
Observed band size: 40 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 140 kDa, 55 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Detection of Human Bmi1 by mmunoprecipitation. Sample: HeLa Whole cell lysate (1 mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded). ab85688 at 3 ug/mg lysate was used for IP, and at 1ug/ml for subsequent WB detection.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human lung carcinoma tissue labelling Bmi1 with ab85688 at 1/1000 (1µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
ab85688 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Wang W et al. B-cell specific Moloney leukemia virus insert site 1 and peptidyl arginine deiminase IV positively regulate carcinogenesis and progression of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Oncol Lett 13:4349-4356 (2017). PubMed: 28599437
- Casa V et al. Polycomb repressive complex 1 provides a molecular explanation for repeat copy number dependency in FSHD muscular dystrophy. Hum Mol Genet 26:753-767 (2017). WB, ChIP . PubMed: 28040729
- Ji H et al. Expression and Clinicopathological Significance of Mel-18 and Bmi-1 in Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Technol Cancer Res Treat N/A:1533034617705055 (2017). PubMed: 28425347
- Fang L et al. Jumonji AT-rich interactive domain 1B overexpression is associated with the development and progression of glioma. Int J Mol Med 38:172-82 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27246838
- Qu D et al. Ablation of Doublecortin-Like Kinase 1 in the Colonic Epithelium Exacerbates Dextran Sulfate Sodium-Induced Colitis. PLoS One 10:e0134212 (2015). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 26285154