Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to BMP1/PCP
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-BMP1/PCP antibody
See all BMP1/PCP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BMP1/PCP
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human BMP1/PCP (C terminal).
(Peptide available as
Protein previously labeled as BMP1.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituent: 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab38953 has been peptide-affinity purified.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab38953 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 111 kDa. A recommended starting concentration for Western blots is 1/1000 when using colorimetric substrates such as BCIP/NBT and 1/5000 for chemiluminescent substrates. EDTA/EGTA treatment of tissues or lysates is required to see latent zymogen.|
FunctionCleaves the C-terminal propeptides of procollagen I, II and III. Induces cartilage and bone formation. May participate in dorsoventral patterning during early development by cleaving chordin (CHRD). Responsible for the proteolytic activation of lysyl oxidase LOX.
Involvement in diseaseOsteogenesis imperfecta 13
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M12A family.
Contains 5 CUB domains.
Contains 2 EGF-like domains.
modificationsProteolytically activated in the trans-Golgi network by furin-like/paired basic proprotein convertases, cleavage is not required for secretion.
Cellular localizationGolgi apparatus, trans-Golgi network. Secreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix. Co-localizes with POSTN in the Golgi.
- Information by UniProt
- BMP 1 antibody
- BMP-1 antibody
- BMP1 antibody
ab38953 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Voorhees AP et al. Building a better infarct: Modulation of collagen cross-linking to increase infarct stiffness and reduce left ventricular dilation post-myocardial infarction. J Mol Cell Cardiol 85:229-39 (2015). PubMed: 26080361
- Zamilpa R et al. CC chemokine receptor 5 deletion impairs macrophage activation and induces adverse remodeling following myocardial infarction. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 300:H1418-26 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21297029
- Ahn Y et al. Mining of serum glycoproteins by an indirect approach using cell line secretome. Mol Cells 29:123-30 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20016938