Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to BMP2
- Suitable for: Dot blot, ELISA, WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-BMP2 antibody
See all BMP2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BMP2
Specificityab14933 detects only the pro-form of the BMP2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Dot blot, ELISA, WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 30% Glycerol, 0.75% BSA
The antibody is provided in antibody stabilization buffer containing phosphate buffer, pH 7.4, glycerol, stabilizing proteins and preservatives. The exact buffer contents are considered proprietary.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14933 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa.Can be blocked with Mouse BMP2 peptide (ab80798).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-Fr||1/250 - 1/500.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionInduces cartilage and bone formation.
Tissue specificityParticularly abundant in lung, spleen and colon and in low but significant levels in heart, brain, placenta, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney, pancreas, prostate, ovary and small intestine.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
- Information by UniProt
- BDA2 antibody
- BMP-2 antibody
- BMP-2A antibody
Anti-BMP2 antibody (ab14933) at 1/500 dilution + BMP2 Purified Protein
ab14933 at 1/500 dilution staining human bone tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections). The tissue was fixed with methanol and blocked with BSA prior to incubation with the antibody for 14 hours. StreptABComplex/HRP duet was used as the secondary antibody in this experiment. In the image specific staining is shown in brown at the site of new bone formation. The blue color is due to toluidine background staining.
ICC/IF image of Rat primary hepatocytes culture cells stained with ab14933. The cells were fixed with 4% PFA.and incubated in 5% normal donkey serum in 0.1% PBS- and triton X100 for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab14933, 1µg/ml) and (ab15640) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 568 (red) at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab14933 at 1/200 dilution staining BMP2 in human 293FT cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. Cells were fixed in formaldehyde and blocked in 5% BSA for 1 hour at 25°C. The primary antibody was used at 1/200 dilution in PBS and incubated with sample at 4°C for 12 hours. An Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated Goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG was used as secondary at 1/200 dilution.Cells were cultured in DMEM containing 10% FBS and Nuclei stained with DAPI.
ab14933 has been referenced in 79 publications.
- Li P et al. Loss of PARP-1 attenuates diabetic arteriosclerotic calcification via Stat1/Runx2 axis. Cell Death Dis 11:22 (2020). PubMed: 31924749
- Chen J et al. Exosomal miRNA-486-5p derived from rheumatoid arthritis fibroblast-like synoviocytes induces osteoblast differentiation through the Tob1/BMP/Smad pathway. Biomater Sci 8:3430-3442 (2020). PubMed: 32406432
- Li L et al. LncRNA LOC100506178 promotes osteogenic differentiation via regulating miR-214-5p-BMP2 axis in human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. PeerJ 8:e8909 (2020). PubMed: 32328347
- Jiang X et al. miR-204 inhibits the osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells by targeting bone morphogenetic protein 2. Mol Med Rep 21:43-50 (2020). PubMed: 31746352
- Huang S et al. BMP2 Is Related to Hirschsprung's Disease and Required for Enteric Nervous System Development. Front Cell Neurosci 13:523 (2019). PubMed: 31849612