Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR6211] to BMP4
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-BMP4 antibody [EPR6211]
See all BMP4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR6211] to BMP4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human BMP4 aa 350 to the C-terminus.
- WB: Human fetal liver, A549, HeLa, A431, and Human heart lysates IP: A549 whole cell lysate. IHC-P: Human breast cancer, and colon Tissue Flow Cyt: HeLa cells ICC/IF: A549 cells
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 1.94 x 10 -10 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-BMP4 antibody [EPR6211] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab200794)
- Anti-BMP4 antibody [EPR6211] (HRP) (ab200795)
- Anti-BMP4 antibody [EPR6211] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab200796)
- Anti-BMP4 antibody [EPR6211] (Biotin) (ab202525)
- Anti-BMP4 antibody [EPR6211] (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab202526)
- Anti-BMP4 antibody [EPR6211] (Alexa Fluor® 568) (ab202527)
- Anti-BMP4 antibody [EPR6211] - Low endotoxin, Azide free (ab216455)
- Anti-BMP4 antibody [EPR6211] - BSA and Azide free (ab271886)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124715 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa.|
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
|IHC-P||1/400. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
For unpurified use at 1/100 - 1/250. See IHC antigen retrieval protocols.
|Flow Cyt||1/100 - 1/500.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
For unpurified use at 1/50 - 1/100.
FunctionInduces cartilage and bone formation. Also act in mesoderm induction, tooth development, limb formation and fracture repair. Acts in concert with PTHLH/PTHRP to stimulate ductal outgrowth during embryonic mammary development and to inhibit hair follicle induction.
Tissue specificityExpressed in the lung and lower levels seen in the kidney. Present also in normal and neoplastic prostate tissues, and prostate cancer cell lines.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in BMP4 are the cause of microphthalmia syndromic type 6 (MCOPS6) [MIM:607932]; also known as microphthalmia and pituitary anomalies or microphthalmia with brain and digit developmental anomalies. Microphthalmia is a clinically heterogeneous disorder of eye formation, ranging from small size of a single eye to complete bilateral absence of ocular tissues (anophthalmia). In many cases, microphthalmia/anophthalmia occurs in association with syndromes that include non-ocular abnormalities. MCOPS6 is characterized by microphthalmia/anophthalmia associated with facial, genital, skeletal, neurologic and endocrine anomalies.
Defects in BMP4 are the cause of non-syndromic orofacial cleft type 11 (OFC11) [MIM:600625]. Non-syndromic orofacial cleft is a common birth defect consisting of cleft lips with or without cleft palate. Cleft lips are associated with cleft palate in two-third of cases. A cleft lip can occur on one or both sides and range in severity from a simple notch in the upper lip to a complete opening in the lip extending into the floor of the nostril and involving the upper gum. OFC11 is an unusual anomaly consisting of a paramedian scar of the upper lip with an appearance suggesting that a typical cleft lip was corrected in utero.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- zgc:100779 antibody
- BMP 2B antibody
- BMP 4 antibody
Anti-BMP4 antibody [EPR6211] (ab124715) at 0.05 µg/ml (purified) + HeLa (Human cervix adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysates at 15 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
Blocking and diluting buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of Human breast cancer tissue sections labeling BMP4 with Purified ab124715 at 1:400 dilution (2.44 µg/ml). Heat mediated antigen retrieval was performed using ab93684 (Tris/EDTA buffer, pH 9.0). ImmunoHistoProbe one step HRP Polymer (ready to use)was used as the secondary antibody.Negative control:PBS instead of the primary antibody.Hematoxylin was used as a counterstain.
Unpurified ab124715, at 1/100, staining BMP4 in paraffin embedded Human colon tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab124715 (purified) at 1:60 dilution (2µg) immunoprecipitating BMP4 in A549 whole cell lysate.
Lane 1 (input): A549 (Human lung carcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysate 10µg
Lane 2 (+): ab124715 & A549 whole cell lysate
Lane 3 (-): Rabbit monoclonal IgG (ab172730) instead of ab124715 in A549 whole cell lysate
For western blotting, VeriBlot for IP Detection Reagent (HRP) (ab131366) was used for detection at 1:1000 dilution.
Blocking and diluting buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Flow Cytometry analysis of HeLa (Human cervix adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) cells labeling BMP4 with purified ab124715 at 1:120 dilution (10 µg/ml) (red). Cells were fixed with 4% Paraformaldehyde. A Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488) secondary antibody was used at 1:2000 dilution. Isotype control - Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black). Unlabeled control - Cell without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue).
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of A549 (human lung carcinoma) cells labelling BMP4 with purified ab124715 at 1/500. Cells were fixed with 4% Paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100. ab150077, Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI (blue).
Secondary Only Control: PBS was used instead of the primary antibody as the negative control.
All lanes : Anti-BMP4 antibody [EPR6211] (ab124715) at 1/10000 dilution (Unpurified)
Lane 1 : Human fetal liver lysate
Lane 2 : A549 lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa lysate
Lane 4 : A431 lysate
Lane 5 : Human heart lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
Produced using unpurified ab124715
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab124715 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Gouveia RM et al. YAP, ?Np63, and ß-Catenin Signaling Pathways Are Involved in the Modulation of Corneal Epithelial Stem Cell Phenotype Induced by Substrate Stiffness. Cells 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31013745
- Zhang J & Liu F Expression of BMP-4 and Smad1 in patients with Hirschsprung disease and its clinical significance. Exp Ther Med 18:225-229 (2019). PubMed: 31258657
- Tang S et al. LncRNA-OG Promotes the Osteogenic Differentiation of Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Under the Regulation of hnRNPK. Stem Cells 37:270-283 (2019). PubMed: 30372559
- Pei DD et al. Contribution of Mitophagy to Cell-Mediated Mineralization: Revisiting a 50-Year-Old Conundrum. Adv Sci (Weinh) 5:1800873 (2018). PubMed: 30356983
- Deng G et al. BMP4 promotes hepatocellular carcinoma proliferation by autophagy activation through JNK1-mediated Bcl-2 phosphorylation. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 37:156 (2018). PubMed: 30012194
- Cheng ZY et al. Parathyroid hormone promotes osteoblastic differentiation of endothelial cells via the extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase 1/2 and nuclear factor-?B signaling pathways. Exp Ther Med 15:1754-1760 (2018). PubMed: 29434762
- Watanabe R et al. Pyruvate controls the checkpoint inhibitor PD-L1 and suppresses T cell immunity. J Clin Invest 127:2725-2738 (2017). PubMed: 28604383
- Yao C et al. MiRNA-133b promotes the proliferation of human Sertoli cells through targeting GLI3. Oncotarget 7:2201-19 (2016). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 26755652
- Feng Y et al. Overexpression of the BMP4/SMAD signaling pathway in skull base chordomas is associated with poor prognosis. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 8:8268-75 (2015). PubMed: 26339396
- Calpe S et al. Comparison of newly developed anti-bone morphogenetic protein 4 llama-derived antibodies with commercially available BMP4 inhibitors. MAbs 8:678-88 (0). WB . PubMed: 26967714