Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [morph-6.1] to BMP6
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-BMP6 antibody [morph-6.1]
See all BMP6 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [morph-6.1] to BMP6
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
- Positive staining can be observed in embryonic and adult central nervous system. Rat radial glial cells of the developing central nervous system from E11 to E19. In rat peripheral nerves a selective intracellular immunoreactivity can be found in perinuclear region of most Schwann cells which form the myelin sheath. However, some Schwann cells were negative for the antigen.
Pre-incubation of anti BMP6 with amino-terminal peptide 1-29 of BMP6 inhibits binding of the mAb to tissue sections. Pre-incubation with other amino-terminal synthetic peptides of human BMP7, BMP4, BMP3 and BMP2 as well as an irrelevant peptide does not inhibit specific tissue staining.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% KATHON™ CG/ICP
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
Primary antibody notesPre-incubation of anti BMP6 with amino-terminal peptide 1-29 of BMP6 inhibits binding of the mAb to tissue sections. Pre-incubation with other amino-terminal synthetic peptides of human BMP7, BMP4, BMP3 and BMP2 as well as an irrelevant peptide does not inhibit specific tissue staining.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15640 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
FunctionInduces cartilage and bone formation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
- Information by UniProt
- BMP-6 antibody
- Bmp6 antibody
- BMP6_HUMAN antibody
ab15640 staining human U2-OS cells by ICC/IF. Cells were PFA fixed and permeabilized in Triton-X-100 prior to blocking in 2% serum for 1 hour at 20°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/100 and incubated with the sample for 1 hour at 37°C. The secondary antibody was Alexa Fluor®488 conjugated chicken anti-mouse, diluted 1/1000.
ICC/IF image of ab15640 staining primary rat myoblast cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 5% normal donkey serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tritonx100 for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab15640, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488donkey anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h.
ab15640 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Besikcioglu HE et al. Determination of the effects of bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells and ovarian stromal stem cells on follicular maturation in cyclophosphamide induced ovarian failure in rats. Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol 58:53-59 (2019). PubMed: 30638481
- Malinverno M et al. Endothelial cell clonal expansion in the development of cerebral cavernous malformations. Nat Commun 10:2761 (2019). PubMed: 31235698
- Garrison P et al. Spatial regulation of bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) in postnatal articular and growth plate cartilage. PLoS One 12:e0176752 (2017). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 28467498
- Díaz PU et al. BMP2, 4 and 6 and BMPR1B are altered from early stages of bovine cystic ovarian disease development. Reproduction 152:333-50 (2016). Cow . PubMed: 27486268
- Villafan-Bernal JR et al. Molecular profiling of a simple rat model of open tibial fractures with hematoma and periosteum disruption. Exp Ther Med 12:3261-3267 (2016). PubMed: 27882147
- Wensman H et al. Diverse bone morphogenetic protein expression profiles and smad pathway activation in different phenotypes of experimental canine mammary tumors. PLoS One 4:e7133 (2009). IHC-P ; Dog . PubMed: 19771160
- Jung Y et al. Hematopoietic stem cells regulate mesenchymal stromal cell induction into osteoblasts thereby participating in the formation of the stem cell niche. Stem Cells 26:2042-51 (2008). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 18499897