Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to BMP9
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-BMP9 antibody
See all BMP9 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BMP9
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Dog, Chimpanzee, Macaque monkey
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesAmmonium Sulphate fractionation.
RelevanceBMP9 is a member of the bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) family and the TGF-beta superfamily. They are regulators of cell growth and differentiation. BMP9 has a role in the maturation of BFCN (basal forebrain cholinergic neurons) also inducing and maintaining the ability of these cells to respond to acetylcholine; BFCN are important for the processes of learning, memory and attention. BMP9 is a potent inducer of hepcidin (a cationic peptide that has a antimicrobial properties) in hepatocytes and can regulate iron metabolism. The physiological receptor of BMP9 is thought to be activin receptor-like kinase 1, ALK1 (also called ACVRL1), an endothelial-specific type I receptor of the TGF-beta receptor family. BMP9 is one of the most potent BMPs to induce orthotopic bone formation in vivo. BMP3, a blocker of most BMPs seems not to affect BMP9.
- BMP 9 antibody
- Bone morphogenetic protein 9 antibody
- GDF 2 antibody
ab35088 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Fan Y et al. BMP-9 is a novel marker for colorectal tumorigenesis undergoing the normal mucosa-adenoma-adenocarcinoma sequence and is associated with colorectal cancer prognosis. Oncol Lett 19:271-282 (2020). PubMed: 31897139
- Jia Y et al. Effective gene delivery of shBMP-9 using polyethyleneimine-based core-shell nanoparticles in an animal model of insulin resistance. Nanoscale 11:2008-2016 (2019). PubMed: 30644929
- Yang M et al. Role of bone morphogenetic protein-9 in the regulation of glucose and lipid metabolism. FASEB J 33:10077-10088 (2019). PubMed: 31237775
- Yang Y et al. Krüppel-like factor 6 mediates pulmonary angiogenesis in rat experimental hepatopulmonary syndrome and is aggravated by bone morphogenetic protein 9. Biol Open 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31189661
- Li et al. Muscle injury promotes heterotopic ossification by stimulating local bone morphogenetic protein-7 production. J Orthop Translat 18:142-153 (2019). PubMed: 31508317