Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR4033] to BNIP3L/NIX
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-BNIP3L/NIX antibody [EPR4033]
See all BNIP3L/NIX primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4033] to BNIP3L/NIX
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human BNIP3L/NIX aa 200 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Raji and K562 cell lysates; Human breast carcinoma tissue
This product was previously labelled as BNIP3L
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109414 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
antigen retrieval is recommended.
FunctionInduces apoptosis. Interacts with viral and cellular anti-apoptosis proteins. Can overcome the suppressors BCL-2 and BCL-XL, although high levels of BCL-XL expression will inhibit apoptosis. May function as a tumor suppressor. Inhibits apoptosis induced by BNIP3.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NIP3 family.
modificationsUndergoes progressive proteolysis to an 11 kDa C-terminal fragment, which is blocked by the proteasome inhibitor lactacystin.
Cellular localizationNucleus envelope. Endoplasmic reticulum. Mitochondrion. Membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Adenovirus E1B19k binding protein B5 antibody
- Adenovirus E1B19K-binding protein B5 antibody
- BCL2/adenovirus E1B 19 kd protein interacting protein 3a antibody
All lanes : Anti-BNIP3L/NIX antibody [EPR4033] (ab109414) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Raji cell lysate
Lane 2 : K562 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 24 kDa
Observed band size: 35 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue using 1/100 ab109414
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab109414 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Yang L et al. Deferoxamine Treatment Combined With Sevoflurane Postconditioning Attenuates Myocardial Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury by Restoring HIF-1/BNIP3-Mediated Mitochondrial Autophagy in GK Rats. Front Pharmacol 11:6 (2020). PubMed: 32140105
- Xu D et al. NIX-mediated mitophagy protects against proteinuria-induced tubular cell apoptosis and renal injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 316:F382-F395 (2019). PubMed: 30207166
- Parousis A et al. Contractile activity attenuates autophagy suppression and reverses mitochondrial defects in skeletal muscle cells. Autophagy 14:1886-1897 (2018). PubMed: 30078345
- Prieto-Domínguez N et al. Melatonin enhances sorafenib actions in human hepatocarcinoma cells by inhibiting mTORC1/p70S6K/HIF-1a and hypoxia-mediated mitophagy. Oncotarget 8:91402-91414 (2017). PubMed: 29207653
- Zhang W & Zhang J Dexmedetomidine preconditioning protects against lung injury induced by ischemia-reperfusion through inhibition of autophagy. Exp Ther Med 14:973-980 (2017). PubMed: 28810549
- Pedanou VE et al. The histone H3K9 demethylase KDM3A promotes anoikis by transcriptionally activating pro-apoptotic genes BNIP3 and BNIP3L. Elife 5:N/A (2016). PubMed: 27472901