Product nameAnti-BNIP3L/NIX antibody [EPR4033]
See all BNIP3L/NIX primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4033] to BNIP3L/NIX
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human BNIP3L/NIX aa 200-300 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Raji and K562 cell lysates; Human breast carcinoma tissue
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109414 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
antigen retrieval is recommended.
FunctionInduces apoptosis. Interacts with viral and cellular anti-apoptosis proteins. Can overcome the suppressors BCL-2 and BCL-XL, although high levels of BCL-XL expression will inhibit apoptosis. May function as a tumor suppressor. Inhibits apoptosis induced by BNIP3.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NIP3 family.
modificationsUndergoes progressive proteolysis to an 11 kDa C-terminal fragment, which is blocked by the proteasome inhibitor lactacystin.
Cellular localizationNucleus envelope. Endoplasmic reticulum. Mitochondrion. Membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Adenovirus E1B19k binding protein B5 antibody
- Adenovirus E1B19K-binding protein B5 antibody
- BCL2/adenovirus E1B 19 kd protein interacting protein 3a antibody
All lanes : Anti-BNIP3L/NIX antibody [EPR4033] (ab109414) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Raji cell lysate
Lane 2 : K562 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 24 kDa
Observed band size: 35 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue using 1/100 ab109414
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
This product has been referenced in:
- Prieto-Domínguez N et al. Melatonin enhances sorafenib actions in human hepatocarcinoma cells by inhibiting mTORC1/p70S6K/HIF-1a and hypoxia-mediated mitophagy. Oncotarget 8:91402-91414 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 29207653) »
- Zhang W & Zhang J Dexmedetomidine preconditioning protects against lung injury induced by ischemia-reperfusion through inhibition of autophagy. Exp Ther Med 14:973-980 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28810549) »