Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to BNP
- Suitable for: IHC (PFA fixed), RIA, ELISA, WB
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-BNP antibody
See all BNP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BNP
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC (PFA fixed), RIA, ELISA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Synthetic human Brain Natriuretic Polypeptide covalently attached to a carrier protein (bovine thyroglobulin).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19645 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC (PFA fixed)||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Has been found to stain 3% buffered paraformaldehyde fixed rat brain sections using indirect immunofluorescent procedure at a dilution of 1/1000.|
|RIA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/500. Detects a band of approximately 18 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa).|
RelevanceBrain natriuretic peptide (BNP) circulates in blood as a peptide hormone with natriuretic, vasodilatory and renin inhibitory properties. BNP is secreted predominantly by the left ventricular myocytes in response to volume expansion and pressure overload. BNP belongs to a family of structurally similar peptide hormones, which includes atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP), BNP, C type natriuretic peptide (CNP) and urodilatin. These peptides are characterized by a common 17 amino acid ring structure with a disulfide bond between two cystein residues. This ring structure shows high homology between different natriuretic peptides (eleven of the 17 amino acid residues are homologous in the ring of each of the natriuretic peptides). BNP is a 32 amino acid peptide with disulfide bond between the cysteine residues Cys10 and Cys26. In earlier studies it has been demonstrated that BNP concentration in blood increases with the severity of congestive heart failure. Quantitative measurement of BNP in blood provides an objective indicator of congestive heart failure severity.
- BNP(1-28) antibody
- BNP(1-29) antibody
- BNP(1-30) antibody
All lanes : Anti-BNP antibody (ab19645) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : SK N BE (Human neuroblastoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : TE 671 (Human Rhabdomyosarcoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : SW480 (Human colon adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size: 15 kDa
Observed band size: 18 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 40 kDa, 48 kDa, 60 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab19645 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Xie F et al. Loss of nuclear ARC contributes to the development of cardiac hypertrophy in rats. Acta Physiol (Oxf) 228:e13337 (2020). PubMed: 31257698
- Li X et al. Exosomes derived from cardiac progenitor cells attenuate CVB3-induced apoptosis via abrogating the proliferation of CVB3 and modulating the mTOR signaling pathways. Cell Death Dis 10:691 (2019). PubMed: 31534118
- Yang X et al. Expression and Regulation of Brain Natriuretic Peptide and Natriuretic Peptide Receptor A (NPR-A) in L6-S1 Dorsal Root Ganglia in a Rat Model of Chronic Nonbacterial Prostatitis. Med Sci Monit 25:9042-9047 (2019). PubMed: 31777403
- Amador-Martínez I et al. Reduced endothelial nitric oxide synthase activation contributes to cardiovascular injury during chronic kidney disease progression. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 317:F275-F285 (2019). PubMed: 31116605
- Chen K et al. Protective effect of histone methyltransferase NSD3 on ISO-induced cardiac hypertrophy. FEBS Lett 593:2556-2565 (2019). PubMed: 31254363