Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Bone Sialoprotein
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Bone Sialoprotein antibody
See all Bone Sialoprotein primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Bone Sialoprotein
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Human Bone Sialoprotein (bone extract)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52128 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionBinds tightly to hydroxyapatite. Appears to form an integral part of the mineralized matrix. Probably important to cell-matrix interaction. Promotes Arg-Gly-Asp-dependent cell attachment.
modificationsN-glycosylated; glycans consist of sialated and core-fucosylated bi-, tri- and tetraantennary chains.
O-glycosylated at eight sites; mucin-type glycans contain Gal, GlcNAc, GalNAc and terminal NeuAc.
Sulfated on either Tyr-313 or Tyr-314.
- Information by UniProt
- BNSP antibody
- Bone sialoprotein 2 antibody
- Bone sialoprotein II antibody
ab52128 (2ug/ml) staining Bone Sialoprotein in human bone using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong staining of Bone sialoprotein in sectretory compartments in the cells of the perichondrium
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffers citrate pH6.1 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ab52128 has been referenced in 24 publications.
- Gadalla D & Goldstein AS Improving the Osteogenicity of PCL Fiber Substrates by Surface-Immobilization of Bone Morphogenic Protein-2. Ann Biomed Eng 48:1006-1015 (2020). PubMed: 31115719
- He J et al. Cell sheets of co-cultured BMP-2-modified bone marrow stromal cells and endothelial progenitor cells accelerate bone regeneration in vitro. Exp Ther Med 18:3333-3340 (2019). PubMed: 31602206
- Lee H et al. Bone morphogenetic protein-7 upregulates genes associated with osteoblast differentiation, including collagen I, Sp7 and IBSP in gingiva-derived stem cells. Exp Ther Med 18:2867-2876 (2019). PubMed: 31555377
- Sun R et al. Rat sinus mucosa- and periosteum-derived exosomes accelerate osteogenesis. J Cell Physiol 234:21947-21961 (2019). PubMed: 31074002
- Gonzaga MG et al. Effectiveness of rhBMP-2 association to autogenous, allogeneic, and heterologous bone grafts. Microsc Res Tech N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30637849