Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Borrelia burgdorferi
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ELISA, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Borrelia burgdorferi antibody
See all Borrelia burgdorferi primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Borrelia burgdorferi
SpecificityThis antibody is not pre-absorbed and may cross react with other bacteria. Cross-reacts with Treponema pallidum, B. hermsii and B. parkerii. We have received information from a customer that this antibody may cross react with M. tuberculosis.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ELISA, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Whole Cell preparation from Borrelia burgdorferi. Strain: B31 ATCC #35210
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20950 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 83 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceBorrelia burgdorferi is a spirochete and the cause of Lyme disease, a tick transmitted illness of humans and animals. B. burgdorferi may persist in humans and animals for months or years following initial infection, despite a robust humoral immune response. B. burgdorferi resembles other spirochetes in that it is a highly specialized, motile, two-membrane, spiral shaped bacteria which lives primarily as an extracellular pathogen. B. burgdorferi has an unusual genome compared with other eubacteria which includes a linear chromosome approximately one megabase in size and numerous linear and circular plasmids.
- B burgdorferi antibody
- B. burgdorferi antibody
- B.burgdorferi antibody
- Lyme disease antibody
ab20950 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Middelveen MJ et al. Persistent Borrelia Infection in Patients with Ongoing Symptoms of Lyme Disease. Healthcare (Basel) 6:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29662016
- Middelveen MJ et al. Exploring the association between Morgellons disease and Lyme disease: identification of Borrelia burgdorferi in Morgellons disease patients. BMC Dermatol 15:1 (2015). PubMed: 25879673
- Middelveen MJ et al. Culture and identification of Borrelia spirochetes in human vaginal and seminal secretions. F1000Res 3:309 (2014). PubMed: 28690828