Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to BOTOX
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-BOTOX antibody
See all BOTOX primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BOTOX
SpecificityClostridium botulinum Type A Neurotoxin.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Full length protein corresponding to BOTOX.
Previously labelled as Clostridium botulinum A Toxoid.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituents: 2.68% PBS, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20641 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 149 kDa.|
RelevanceClostridium botulinum neurotoxins are zinc-dependent proteases that block the release of acetylcholine from peripheral cholinergic nerve endings by targeting specific membrane proteins including synaptosomal-associated proteins (SNAP), vesicle-associated membrane proteins (VAMP), and syntaxins. Neurotoxin A is characteristically associated with human botulism and known to target and hydrolyse the 197-Gln-|-Arg-198 bond of SNAP-25.
- Atx antibody
- BotA antibody
- BOTOX antibody
ab20641 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Bagramyan K et al. Substrates and controls for the quantitative detection of active botulinum neurotoxin in protease-containing samples. Anal Chem 85:5569-76 (2013). PubMed: 23656526
- Scotcher MC et al. Epitope characterization and variable region sequence of f1-40, a high-affinity monoclonal antibody to botulinum neurotoxin type a (Hall strain). PLoS ONE 4:e4924 (2009). WB . PubMed: 19290051
- Scotcher MC et al. Characterization of the epitope region of F1-2 and F1-5, two monoclonal antibodies to Botulinum neurotoxin type A. Hybridoma (Larchmt) 28:315-25 (2009). WB . PubMed: 19857112
- Bagramyan K et al. Attomolar detection of botulinum toxin type A in complex biological matrices. PLoS ONE 3:e2041 (2008). PubMed: 18446228