Product nameAnti-Bovine Papilloma Virus E2 antibody [1E4]
See all Bovine Papilloma Virus E2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1E4] to Bovine Papilloma Virus E2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Cow
Mapped to amino acids 250-280.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-Bovine Papilloma Virus E2 antibody [3E8] (ab1011)
- pQ-NTag/B vector (ab1041)
- pQ-Ctag/A vector (ab1051)
- pQM-NTag/C intron vector (ab1067)
- Anti-Bovine Papilloma Virus E2 antibody [5H4] (ab1072)
- Anti-E2 tag antibody [5E11] (ab977)
- Anti-E2 tag antibody [3F12] (ab978)
- Anti-Bovine Papilloma Virus E2 antibody [1E2] (ab979)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab980 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution to isolate E2Tag-tagged proteins and associated proteins/protein binding partners. Use protein G-agarose.
WB: 1/1000 - 1/5000 (1hr, RT). Dilute in a diluent containing 2% non-fat dry milk in TBST.
(Background can be reduced by adding NaCl up to a concentration of 1.5 M.)Incubate
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceThe bovine papilloma virus E2 protein is the master regulator of papillomavirus replication and transcription. Binds to the E2RE response element (5'-ACCNNNNNNGGT-3') present in multiple copies in the regulatory region. Can either activate or repress transcription depending on E2RE's position with regards to proximal promoter elements. Repression occurs by sterically hindering the assembly of the transcription initiation complex. The E1-E2 complex binds to the origin of DNA replication.
Cellular localizationHost cell nucleus
- BPVgp4 antibody
- E2 antibody
- Regulatory protein E2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Bovine Papilloma Virus E2 antibody [1E4] (ab980)
Lane 1 : Purified recombinant Bovine Papillomavirus E2 protein at 15000 µg
Lane 2 : Purified recombinant Bovine Papillomavirus E2 protein at 10000 µg
Lane 3 : Purified recombinant Bovine Papillomavirus E2 protein at 5000 µg
Lane 4 : Purified recombinant Bovine Papillomavirus E2 protein at 1000 µg
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
This product has been referenced in:
- Della Gatta G et al. Reverse engineering of TLX oncogenic transcriptional networks identifies RUNX1 as tumor suppressor in T-ALL. Nat Med 18:436-40 (2012). ChIP . Read more (PubMed: 22366949) »
- Kurg R et al. Effect of bovine papillomavirus E2 protein-specific monoclonal antibodies on papillomavirus DNA replication. J Virol 73:4670-7 (1999). Read more (PubMed: 10233926) »