Key features and details
- Assay type: Quantitative
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 20 min
- Sample type: Cell culture extracts, Other biological fluids, Plasma, Serum, Tissue Extracts
Product nameBradford Assay Kit
Sample typeSerum, Plasma, Cell culture extracts, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
Assay time0h 20m
Bradford Assay Kit ab102535 provides a simple and rapid procedure for determining the concentration of protein in solution.
The Bradford assay protocol uses an improved Coomassie blue G reagent which forms a blue complex in the presence of protein. The intensity of the blue complex is proportional to the amount of protein in the sample and can be easily measured by spectrophotometer or plate reader at 595 nm.
Bradford assay protocol summary:
- prepare serial dilutions of protein standard
- add samples and standards to wells or tubes
- add Bradford protein assay solution and incubate for 5 min at room temp
- measure absorbance at 595 nm
Support on how to determine protein concentration can be found here
This product was previously called Protein Quantitation Kit (Bradford Assay).
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1000 tests Protein Assay Solution NM 1 x 20ml Protein Standard Yellow 1 x 1.5ml
RelevanceProtein Quantitation is a procedure for determining the concentration of protein in solution.
Colorimetric standard curves of 150 microliter samples: mean of duplicates with background readings subtracted.
Colorimetric standard curves of 100 microliter samples: mean of duplicates with background readings subtracted.
Colorimetric standard curve of 10 microliter samples: mean of duplicates with background readings subtracted.
ab102535 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Gan SY et al. Fucosterol exerts protection against amyloid ß-induced neurotoxicity, reduces intracellular levels of amyloid ß and enhances the mRNA expression of neuroglobin in amyloid ß-induced SH-SY5Y cells. Int J Biol Macromol 121:207-213 (2019). PubMed: 30300695
- Ren Y et al. Si-Miao-Yong-An decoction ameliorates cardiac function through restoring the equilibrium of SOD and NOX2 in heart failure mice. Pharmacol Res 146:104318 (2019). PubMed: 31228552
- Greish K et al. Synthetic cannabinoids nano-micelles for the management of triple negative breast cancer. J Control Release 291:184-195 (2018). PubMed: 30367922
- Ding W et al. Evaluation of the antifibrotic potency by knocking down SPARC, CCR2 and SMAD3. EBioMedicine 38:238-247 (2018). PubMed: 30470612
- Jabarpour M et al. Hyperbilirubinemia-induced pro-angiogenic activity of infantile endothelial progenitor cells. Microvasc Res 118:49-56 (2018). PubMed: 29476756
- Guan B et al. MicroRNA-218 inhibits the migration, epithelial-mesenchymal transition and cancer stem cell properties of prostate cancer cells. Oncol Lett 16:1821-1826 (2018). PubMed: 30008871
- Shi Q et al. KLF5 promotes apoptosis induced by phorbol ester as an effector of the autocrine factor TNFa in LNCaP prostate cancer cells. Oncol Lett 14:1847-1854 (2017). PubMed: 28789420
- Xu S et al. Curcumin enhances temsirolimus-induced apoptosis in human renal carcinoma cells through upregulation of YAP/p53. Oncol Lett 12:4999-5006 (2016). PubMed: 28105206
- Lan J et al. Role of glycosyltransferase PomGnT1 in glioblastoma progression. Neuro Oncol 17:211-22 (2015). PubMed: 25085363