Product nameBradford Assay Kit
Sample typeSerum, Plasma, Cell culture extracts, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
Assay time0h 20m
Bradford Assay Kit ab102535 provides a simple and rapid procedure for determining the concentration of protein in solution.
The Bradford assay protocol uses an improved Coomassie blue G reagent which forms a blue complex in the presence of protein. The intensity of the blue complex is proportional to the amount of protein in the sample and can be easily measured by spectrophotometer or plate reader at 595 nm.
Bradford assay protocol summary:
- prepare serial dilutions of protein standard
- add samples and standards to wells or tubes
- add Bradford protein assay solution and incubate for 5 min at room temp
- measure absorbance at 595 nm
This product was previously called Protein Quantitation Kit (Bradford Assay).
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1000 tests Protein Assay Solution NM 1 x 20ml Protein Standard Yellow 1 x 1.5ml
RelevanceProtein Quantitation is a procedure for determining the concentration of protein in solution.
This product has been referenced in:
- Gan SY et al. Fucosterol exerts protection against amyloid ß-induced neurotoxicity, reduces intracellular levels of amyloid ß and enhances the mRNA expression of neuroglobin in amyloid ß-induced SH-SY5Y cells. Int J Biol Macromol 121:207-213 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30300695) »
- Greish K et al. Synthetic cannabinoids nano-micelles for the management of triple negative breast cancer. J Control Release 291:184-195 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 30367922) »