Product nameBradford Reagent
This product is manufactured by Expedeon, an Abcam company, and was previously called Bradford Ultra - 500 ml. BFU05L is the same as the 500 ml size.
Bradford Reagent ab119216 offers an improved formulation over classical Bradford: it has higher tolerance of detergent contamination of the protein samples.
This Bradford Reagent shows excellent linearity for a defined range of protein concentrations and shows significantly less protein-to-protein variation than is observed with other Bradford-type Coomassie formulations.
When Coomassie dye binds protein in an acidic medium, an immediate shift in absorption maximum occurs from 465 nm to 595 nm with a concomitant color change from brown to blue. Protein concentrations are estimated by reference to the absorbance obtained for a series of standard protein dilutions, which are assayed alongside samples with unknown protein concentrations.
Manufactured under patent numbers: US 12/226,797 ; SG 201103010-3 ; SG 200807953-5 ; JP 2009-507182 ; IN 5722/CHENP/2008 ; GB 0608377.8 ; EP 10187154.9; EP 07733647.7 ; CN 200780021434.8 ; CA 2,649,835 ; AU 2007245443.
Support on how to determine protein concentration can be found here.
Storage instructionsShipped at Room Temperature. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferConstituents: 3% Ethanol, 2.3% α-Cyclodextrin hydrate, 0.23% gamma-Cyclodextrin, 14% Phosphoric acid
Concentration information loading...
ab119216 has been referenced in 31 publications.
- Rovito D et al. Myod1 and GR coordinate myofiber-specific transcriptional enhancers. Nucleic Acids Res 49:4472-4492 (2021). PubMed: 33836079
- Rovito D et al. Cytosolic sequestration of the vitamin D receptor as a therapeutic option for vitamin D-induced hypercalcemia. Nat Commun 11:6249 (2020). PubMed: 33288743
- Li Y et al. Inhibition of Brd4 by JQ1 Promotes Functional Recovery From Spinal Cord Injury by Activating Autophagy. Front Cell Neurosci 14:555591 (2020). PubMed: 32982695
- Ando F et al. AKAPs-PKA disruptors increase AQP2 activity independently of vasopressin in a model of nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. Nat Commun 9:1411 (2018). PubMed: 29650969
- Matsuishi YI et al. Accelerated dentinogenesis by inhibiting the mitochondrial fission factor, dynamin related protein 1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 495:1655-1660 (2018). PubMed: 29223396