Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Brd4
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Brd4 antibody
See all Brd4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Brd4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Pig, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Chinese hamster, Orangutan, Elephant
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residue 1312 and 1362 of human (NP_490597.1).
Concentration is optimized for IHC and not determined
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 6.8
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab84776 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to BRD4 immobilized on solid support. Antibody concentration was determined by extinction coefficient: absorbance at 280 nm of 1.4 equals 1.0 mg of IgG.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84776 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/100 - 1/500.
1/100 - 1/500.
FunctionPlays a role in a process governing chromosomal dynamics during mitosis.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed.
Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving BRD4 is found in a rare, aggressive, and lethal carcinoma arising in midline organs of young people. Translocation t(15;19)(q14;p13) with NUT which produces a BRD4-NUT fusion protein.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 bromo domains.
- Information by UniProt
- Brd4 antibody
- BRD4-NUT FUSION antibody
- BRD4-NUT fusion oncoprotein antibody
Staining of Brd4 by Immunohistochemistry on a formalin fixed, paraffin embedded section of human colon carcinoma using a 1/500 dilution of ab84776. Detection: DAB staining
Staining of Brd4 by Immunohistochemistry on a formalin fixed, paraffin embedded section of mouse teratoma using a 1/100 dilution of ab84776. Detection: DAB staining
ab84776 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Sacta MA et al. Gene-specific mechanisms direct glucocorticoid-receptor-driven repression of inflammatory response genes in macrophages. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29424686
- Bansal K et al. The transcriptional regulator Aire binds to and activates super-enhancers. Nat Immunol 18:263-273 (2017). PubMed: 28135252
- Yoshida H et al. Brd4 bridges the transcriptional regulators, Aire and P-TEFb, to promote elongation of peripheral-tissue antigen transcripts in thymic stromal cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:E4448-57 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26216992