Key features and details
- Thymidine analog for measuring cell proliferation
- CAS Number: 59-14-3
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in water to 50 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameBrdU (5-bromo-2'-deoxyuridine), Thymidine analog
DescriptionThymidine analog for measuring cell proliferation
Unstained control slides from mice treated with BrdU (formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded intestine sections) are available as BrdU control slides ab129956.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 50 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Toxic, refer to SDS for further information
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab142567 has been referenced in 23 publications.
- Xu P et al. PAQR4 promotes chemoresistance in non-small cell lung cancer through inhibiting Nrf2 protein degradation. Theranostics 10:3767-3778 (2020). PubMed: 32206121
- Cao Y et al. N-Acetyltransferase 10 Promotes Micronuclei Formation to Activate the Senescence-Associated Secretory Phenotype Machinery in Colorectal Cancer Cells. Transl Oncol 13:100783 (2020). PubMed: 32428852
- Zietzer A et al. The RNA-binding protein hnRNPU regulates the sorting of microRNA-30c-5p into large extracellular vesicles. J Extracell Vesicles 9:1786967 (2020). PubMed: 32944175
- Yang HJ et al. Establishment and Characterization of Immortalized Miniature Pig Pancreatic Cell Lines Expressing Oncogenic K-RasG12D. Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33233448
- Hilgendorf KI et al. Omega-3 Fatty Acids Activate Ciliary FFAR4 to Control Adipogenesis. Cell 179:1289-1305.e21 (2019). PubMed: 31761534