Product nameBrdU (5-bromo-2'-deoxyuridine), Thymidine analog
DescriptionThymidine analog for measuring cell proliferation
Thymidine analog, naturally incorporates into proliferating cells. Labels DNA, useful marker for study of DNA synthesis. Decreases TTP pools in vitro. Antitumor and radiation-sensitizing agent. Active in vitro and in vivo.
Unstained control slides from mice treated with BrdU (formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded intestine sections) are available as BrdU control slides ab129956.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 50 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab142567 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Jiang LP et al. GRK5 functions as an oncogenic factor in non-small-cell lung cancer. Cell Death Dis 9:295 (2018). PubMed: 29463786
- Yang CP et al. Comprehensive integrative analyses identify GLT8D1 and CSNK2B as schizophrenia risk genes. Nat Commun 9:838 (2018). PubMed: 29483533
- Kim BH et al. Synergistic actions of FGF2 and bone marrow transplantation mitigate radiation-induced intestinal injury. Cell Death Dis 9:383 (2018). PubMed: 29515101
- Mukai T et al. Umbilical Cord-Derived Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Contribute to Neuroprotection in Neonatal Cortical Neurons Damaged by Oxygen-Glucose Deprivation. Front Neurol 9:466 (2018). PubMed: 29963009
- Massey AJ Multiparametric Cell Cycle Analysis Using the Operetta High-Content Imager and Harmony Software with PhenoLOGIC. PLoS One 10:e0134306 (2015). PubMed: 26218638
- Gurt I et al. The Sirt1 Activators SRT2183 and SRT3025 Inhibit RANKL-Induced Osteoclastogenesis in Bone Marrow-Derived Macrophages and Down-Regulate Sirt3 in Sirt1 Null Cells. PLoS One 10:e0134391 (2015). PubMed: 26226624
- Thoppil RJ et al. TRPV4 channel activation selectively inhibits tumor endothelial cell proliferation. Sci Rep 5:14257 (2015). PubMed: 26388427
- Bibliowicz J & Gross JM Ectopic proliferation contributes to retinal dysplasia in the juvenile zebrafish patched2 mutant eye. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:8868-77 (2011). PubMed: 22003118
- Chauvigné F et al. Time- and dose-related effects of di-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate and its main metabolites on the function of the rat fetal testis in vitro. Environ Health Perspect 117:515-21 (2009). PubMed: 19440488