Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR8274(2)] to BTG1
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-BTG1 antibody [EPR8274(2)]
See all BTG1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR8274(2)] to BTG1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in the Human BTG1 protein (P62324).
- WB: Human fetal kidney, SH-SY5Y, NIH/3T3, and MCF-7 cell lysates. Flow Cyt: SH-SY5Y cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab151740 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 19 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
RelevanceBTG1 belongs to the BTG family of proteins.FUNCTION: Anti-proliferative protein. Its expression is associated with the early G1 phase of the cell cycle. A chromosomal aberration involving BTG1 may be a cause of a form of B cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia; translocation t(8;12)(q24;q22) with MYC.
- B cell translocation gene 1 protein antibody
- B cell translocation gene 1, anti proliferative antibody
- BTG1 protein antibody
- Protein BTG1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-BTG1 antibody [EPR8274(2)] (ab151740) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human fetal kidney lysate
Lane 2 : SH-SY5Y cell lysate
Lane 3 : NIH/3T3 cell lysate
Lane 4 : MCF-7 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Standard HRP labeled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 19 kDa
Flow cytometric analysis of permeabilized SH-SY5Y cells labeling BTG1 with ab151740 antibody at 1/10 dilution (Red), or with a rabbit IgG (Green, negative).
ab151740 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Qian Y et al. The treatment effects and the underlying mechanism of B cell translocation gene 1 on the oncogenesis of brain glioma. J Cell Biochem N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30916818
- Li E et al. microRNA-27a-3p Down-regulation Inhibits Malignant Biological Behaviors of Ovarian Cancer by Targeting BTG1. Open Med (Wars) 14:577-585 (2019). PubMed: 31410369
- Lee AS et al. eIF3 targets cell-proliferation messenger RNAs for translational activation or repression. Nature 522:111-4 (2015). WB . PubMed: 25849773
- Sun GG et al. The expression of BTG1 is downregulated in nasopharyngeal carcinoma and possibly associated with tumour metastasis. Mol Biol Rep 41:5979-88 (2014). Human . PubMed: 24985971