Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Bub3
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Bub3 antibody
See all Bub3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Bub3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Xenopus laevis, Zebrafish
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Bub3 aa 300 to the C-terminus conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- HeLa Nuclear Extract;
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4180 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa).|
FunctionHas a dual function in spindle-assembly checkpoint signaling and in promoting the establishment of correct kinetochore-microtubule (K-MT) attachments. Promotes the formation of stable end-on bipolar attachments. Necessary for kinetochore localization of BUB1. Regulates chromosome segregation during oocyte meiosis. The BUB1/BUB3 complex plays a role in the inhibition of anaphase-promoting complex or cyclosome (APC/C) when spindle-assembly checkpoint is activated and inhibits the ubiquitin ligase activity of APC/C by phosphorylating its activator CDC20. This complex can also phosphorylate MAD1L1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the WD repeat BUB3 family.
Contains 5 WD repeats.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Starts to localize at kinetochores in prometaphase I (Pro-MI) stage and maintains the localization until the metaphase I-anaphase I (MI-AI) transition.
- Information by UniProt
- Aa2-050 antibody
- AU019800 antibody
- AU021329 antibody
Anti-Bub3 antibody (ab4180) at 1/500 dilution + HeLa Nuclear Extract at 20 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab6721) at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 37 kDa
Observed band size: 38 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 1 minute
Western blot of ab4180 on 20ug HeLa Nuclear Extract at 1/500.
Secondary ab: Goat anti-rabbit IgG HRP conjugate ab6721 (1/2000 - 1 min exposure)
ab4180 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Sikorski K et al. A high-throughput pipeline for validation of antibodies. Nat Methods 15:909-912 (2018). PubMed: 30377371
- Zhu S et al. A motif from Lys216 to Lys222 in human BUB3 protein is a nuclear localization signal and critical for BUB3 function in mitotic checkpoint. J Biol Chem 290:11282-92 (2015). PubMed: 25814666
- Burns SS et al. Histone deacetylase inhibitor AR-42 differentially affects cell-cycle transit in meningeal and meningioma cells, potently inhibiting NF2-deficient meningioma growth. Cancer Res 73:792-803 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23151902
- Bava FA et al. CPEB1 coordinates alternative 3'-UTR formation with translational regulation. Nature 495:121-5 (2013). PubMed: 23434754
- Golan-Mashiach M et al. Identification of CTCF as a master regulator of the clustered protocadherin genes. Nucleic Acids Res : (2011). EMSA . PubMed: 22210889
- Huang HC et al. Evidence that mitotic exit is a better cancer therapeutic target than spindle assembly. Cancer Cell 16:347-58 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19800579