Key features and details
- Potent, prototypic P2X7 agonist. P2 agonist.
- CAS Number: 112898-15-4
- Purity: > 94%
- Soluble in water to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameBzATP triethylammonium salt, prototypic P2X7 agonist. P2 agonist.
DescriptionPotent, prototypic P2X7 agonist. P2 agonist.
Prototypic P2X7 receptor agonist, showing 5-10 fold greater potency than ATP (pEC50 = 6.5). Also exhibits activity at other P2 receptors (EC50 values are 5 and 63 μM at P2X3 and P2Y11, respectively). Shows high potency at P2X1 receptor (pEC50 = 8.7). Potent activator of cAMP production.
Chemical name2'(3')-O-(4-Benzoylbenzoyl)adenosine-5'-triphosphate triethylammonium salt
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
This product is supplied in one (or more) pack size which is freeze dried. Therefore the contents may not be readily visible, as they can coat the bottom or walls of the vial. Please see our FAQs and information page for more details on handling.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120444 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Fan X et al. P2X7 Receptor (P2X7R) of Microglia Mediates Neuroinflammation by Regulating (NOD)-Like Receptor Protein 3 (NLRP3) Inflammasome-Dependent Inflammation After Spinal Cord Injury. Med Sci Monit 26:e925491 (2020). PubMed: 32952148
- Wang F et al. Interferon Gamma Induces Reversible Metabolic Reprogramming of M1 Macrophages to Sustain Cell Viability and Pro-Inflammatory Activity. EBioMedicine 30:303-316 (2018). PubMed: 29463472
- Toulme E et al. P2X4 receptors in activated C8-B4 cells of cerebellar microglial origin. J Gen Physiol 135:333-53 (2010). PubMed: 20231374