Key features and details
- Cell-permeable, competitive, selective, potent p300/CBP HAT inhibitor
- CAS Number: 328968-36-1
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in DMSO to 25 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameC 646, p300/CBP Inhibitor, p300/CBP HAT inhibitor
DescriptionCell-permeable, competitive, selective, potent p300/CBP HAT inhibitor
Biological descriptionCell-permeable, competitive, selective, potent p300/CBP histone acetyltransferase inhibitor (Ki = 400 nM). Blocks dynamic acetylation. Anticancer agent. Active in vitro and in vivo.
Chemical name4-[4-[[5-(4,5-Dimethyl-2-nitrophenyl)-2-furanyl]methylene]-4,5-dihydro-3-methyl-5-oxo-1H-pyrazol-1-yl]benzoic acid
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 25 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab142163 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Wei L et al. Silencing of lncRNA MALAT1 Prevents Inflammatory Injury after Lung Transplant Ischemia-Reperfusion by Downregulation of IL-8 via p300. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 18:285-297 (2019). PubMed: 31604167
- Peghaire C et al. The transcription factor ERG regulates a low shear stress-induced anti-thrombotic pathway in the microvasculature. Nat Commun 10:5014 (2019). PubMed: 31676784
- Sacta MA et al. Gene-specific mechanisms direct glucocorticoid-receptor-driven repression of inflammatory response genes in macrophages. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29424686
- Bandyopadhaya A et al. NF-?Bp50 and HDAC1 Interaction Is Implicated in the Host Tolerance to Infection Mediated by the Bacterial Quorum Sensing Signal 2-Aminoacetophenone. Front Microbiol 8:1211 (2017). PubMed: 28713342
- Fischer A et al. Membrane localization of acetylated CNK1 mediates a positive feedback on RAF/ERK signaling. Sci Adv 3:e1700475 (2017). PubMed: 28819643