Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to c-Fos
- Suitable for: ICC
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-c-Fos antibody
See all c-Fos primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to c-Fos
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Cat, Dog, Pig, Carp
- ICC: HeLa and MCF7 cells
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab156802 was purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation, followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab156802 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.
FunctionNuclear phosphoprotein which forms a tight but non-covalently linked complex with the JUN/AP-1 transcription factor. In the heterodimer, FOS and JUN/AP-1 basic regions each seems to interact with symmetrical DNA half sites. On TGF-beta activation, forms a multimeric SMAD3/SMAD4/JUN/FOS complex at the AP1/SMAD-binding site to regulate TGF-beta-mediated signaling. Has a critical function in regulating the development of cells destined to form and maintain the skeleton. It is thought to have an important role in signal transduction, cell proliferation and differentiation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. Fos subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated in the C-terminal upon stimulation by nerve growth factor (NGF) and epidermal growth factor (EGF). Phosphorylated, in vitro, by MAPK and RSK1. Phosphorylation on both Ser-362 and Ser-374 by MAPK1/2 and RSK1/2 leads to protein stabilization with phosphorylation on Ser-374 being the major site for protein stabilization on NGF stimulation. Phosphorylation on Ser-362 and Ser-374 primes further phosphorylations on Thr-325 and Thr-331 through promoting docking of MAPK to the DEF domain. Phosphorylation on Thr-232, induced by HA-RAS, activates the transcriptional activity and antagonizes sumoylation. Phosphorylation on Ser-362 by RSK2 in osteoblasts contributes to osteoblast transformation.
Constitutively sumoylated by SUMO1, SUMO2 and SUMO3. Desumoylated by SENP2. Sumoylation requires heterodimerization with JUN and is enhanced by mitogen stimulation. Sumoylation inhibits the AP-1 transcriptional activity and is, itself, inhibited by Ras-activated phosphorylation on Thr-232.
- Information by UniProt
- Activator protein 1 antibody
- AP 1 antibody
- C FOS antibody
Immunocytochemistry analysis of HeLa cells labeling c-Fos antibody with ab156802 at 10 µg/mL (1 hour incubation). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.15% Triton. Alexa Fluor 488 2 µg/mL was used as the secondary antibody. It is showing strong nuclear and weak cytoplasmic staining. The nuclear stain is DAPI (blue). Negative control: Unimmunized goat IgG at 10 µg/mL followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody 2 µg/mL.
Immunocytochemistry analysis of MCF7 cells labeling c-Fos antibody with ab156802 at 10 µg/mL (1 hour incubation). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.15% Triton. Alexa Fluor 488 2 µg/mL was used as the secondary antibody. It is showing strong nuclear and weak cytoplasmic staining. The nuclear stain is DAPI (blue). Negative control: Unimmunized goat IgG at 10 µg/mL followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody 2 µg/mL.
ab156802 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Zhang S et al. HMGB1/RAGE axis mediates stress-induced RVLM neuroinflammation in mice via impairing mitophagy flux in microglia. J Neuroinflammation 17:15 (2020). PubMed: 31924219
- Jae Y et al. Interhemispheric asymmetry of c-Fos expression in glomeruli and the olfactory tubercle following repeated odor stimulation. FEBS Open Bio 10:912-926 (2020). PubMed: 32237058
- Zhou M et al. Cardiac Sympathetic Afferent Denervation Protects Against Ventricular Arrhythmias by Modulating Cardiac Sympathetic Nerve Activity During Acute Myocardial Infarction. Med Sci Monit 25:1984-1993 (2019). PubMed: 30877783
- Dong P et al. Musashi-2, a novel oncoprotein promoting cervical cancer cell growth and invasion, is negatively regulated by p53-induced miR-143 and miR-107 activation. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 36:150 (2017). PubMed: 29073938