Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to c-Jun
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, African green monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-c-Jun antibody
See all c-Jun primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to c-Jun
SpecificityAntibody detects endogenous levels of c-Jun protein around Serine 243.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, African green monkey
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Cow, Pig
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen.
ChIP Related Products
Corresponding phospho antibody
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31419 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa.|
FunctionTranscription factor that recognizes and binds to the enhancer heptamer motif 5'-TGA[CG]TCA-3'. Promotes activity of NR5A1 when phosphorylated by HIPK3 leading to increased steroidogenic gene expression upon cAMP signaling pathway stimulation. Involved in activated KRAS-mediated transcriptional activation of USP28 in colorectal cancer (CRC) cells (PubMed:24623306). Binds to the USP28 promoter in colorectal cancer (CRC) cells (PubMed:24623306).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. Jun subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP (basic-leucine zipper) domain.
modificationsUbiquitinated by the SCF(FBXW7), leading to its degradation. Ubiquitination takes place following phosphorylation, that promotes interaction with FBXW7.
Phosphorylated by CaMK4 and PRKDC; phosphorylation enhances the transcriptional activity. Phosphorylated by HIPK3. Phosphorylated by DYRK2 at Ser-243; this primes the protein for subsequent phosphorylation by GSK3B at Thr-239. Phosphorylated at Thr-239, Ser-243 and Ser-249 by GSK3B; phosphorylation reduces its ability to bind DNA. Phosphorylated by PAK2 at Thr-2, Thr-8, Thr-89, Thr-93 and Thr-286 thereby promoting JUN-mediated cell proliferation and transformation. Phosphorylated by PLK3 following hypoxia or UV irradiation, leading to increase DNA-binding activity.
Acetylated at Lys-271 by EP300.
- Information by UniProt
- Activator protein 1 antibody
- AP 1 antibody
- AP-1 antibody
Paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue stained for c-Jun with ab31419 at a 1/50 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
Left panel: Untreated.
Right panel: Pre-incubated with synthesized peptide.
ICC/IF image of HepG2 (Human liver hepatocellular carcinoma cell line) cells labeling c-Jun (green) with ab31419 at 1 µg/ml. The cells were fixed in 4% PFA (10 minutes) and then incubated in 1% BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1 hour to permeabilize the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with ab31419 at 1 µg/ml overnight at +4 °C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) ab150077 used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1 hour. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1 hour. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43 µM.
All lanes : Anti-c-Jun antibody (ab31419) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts of Hela (Human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cells
Lane 2 : Extracts of Hela (Human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cells with immunizing peptide
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Observed band size: 43 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Anti-c-Jun antibody (ab31419) at 1/500 dilution + Recombinant Human c-Jun protein (ab54318) at 0.01 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Exposure time: 30 seconds
ab31419 has been referenced in 50 publications.
- Yu H et al. LOXL1 confers antiapoptosis and promotes gliomagenesis through stabilizing BAG2. Cell Death Differ N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32424143
- Geng W & Liu L MiR-494 alleviates lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced autophagy and apoptosis in PC-12 cells by targeting IL-13. Adv Clin Exp Med 28:85-94 (2019). PubMed: 30170481
- Vethe H et al. The Effect of Wnt Pathway Modulators on Human iPSC-Derived Pancreatic Beta Cell Maturation. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 10:293 (2019). PubMed: 31139151
- Yu CY et al. MicroRNA-125b-5p improves pancreatic ß-cell function through inhibiting JNK signaling pathway by targeting DACT1 in mice with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Life Sci N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30684546
- Zheng XM et al. MicroRNA-30e inhibits adhesion, migration, invasion and cell cycle progression of prostate cancer cells via inhibition of the activation of the MAPK signaling pathway by downregulating CHRM3. Int J Oncol 54:443-454 (2019). PubMed: 30483762