Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to c-Jun (phospho S73)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Zebrafish
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-c-Jun (phospho S73) antibody
See all c-Jun primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to c-Jun (phospho S73)
Specificityab30620 detects endogenous levels of c-Jun only when phosphorylated at Serine 73.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Zebrafish
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human c-Jun around the phosphorylation site of Serine 73.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide.The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Corresponding non-phospho antibody
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab30620 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionTranscription factor that recognizes and binds to the enhancer heptamer motif 5'-TGA[CG]TCA-3'. Promotes activity of NR5A1 when phosphorylated by HIPK3 leading to increased steroidogenic gene expression upon cAMP signaling pathway stimulation. Involved in activated KRAS-mediated transcriptional activation of USP28 in colorectal cancer (CRC) cells (PubMed:24623306). Binds to the USP28 promoter in colorectal cancer (CRC) cells (PubMed:24623306).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. Jun subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP (basic-leucine zipper) domain.
modificationsUbiquitinated by the SCF(FBXW7), leading to its degradation. Ubiquitination takes place following phosphorylation, that promotes interaction with FBXW7.
Phosphorylated by CaMK4 and PRKDC; phosphorylation enhances the transcriptional activity. Phosphorylated by HIPK3. Phosphorylated by DYRK2 at Ser-243; this primes the protein for subsequent phosphorylation by GSK3B at Thr-239. Phosphorylated at Thr-239, Ser-243 and Ser-249 by GSK3B; phosphorylation reduces its ability to bind DNA. Phosphorylated by PAK2 at Thr-2, Thr-8, Thr-89, Thr-93 and Thr-286 thereby promoting JUN-mediated cell proliferation and transformation. Phosphorylated by PLK3 following hypoxia or UV irradiation, leading to increase DNA-binding activity.
Acetylated at Lys-271 by EP300.
- Information by UniProt
- Activator protein 1 antibody
- AP 1 antibody
- AP-1 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded human breast carcinoma tissue sections, using 1/50 Phospho c-Jun(Ser73) Antibody (ab30620). Left: untreated sample. Right: sample preincubated with synthesized phosphopeptide.
All lanes : Anti-c-Jun (phospho S73) antibody (ab30620) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from untreated Hela cells
Lane 2 : extracts from UV treated Hela cells
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Observed band size: 42 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab30620 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Zheng XM et al. MicroRNA-30e inhibits adhesion, migration, invasion and cell cycle progression of prostate cancer cells via inhibition of the activation of the MAPK signaling pathway by downregulating CHRM3. Int J Oncol 54:443-454 (2019). PubMed: 30483762
- Yang F et al. TNFa-Mediated Necroptosis Aggravates Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury in the Fatty Liver by Regulating the Inflammatory Response. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2019:2301903 (2019). PubMed: 31214277
- Chu H et al. MicroRNA-206 promotes lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation injury via regulation of IRAK1 in MRC-5 cells. Int Immunopharmacol 73:590-598 (2019). PubMed: 31279225
- Tang Q et al. miR-223/Hsp70/JNK/JUN/miR-223 feedback loop modulates the chemoresistance of osteosarcoma to cisplatin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 497:827-834 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29432736
- Gao GY et al. Ophiopogonin B induces the autophagy and apoptosis of colon cancer cells by activating JNK/c-Jun signaling pathway. Biomed Pharmacother 108:1208-1215 (2018). PubMed: 30372822
- Nowell CS et al. Chronic inflammation imposes aberrant cell fate in regenerating epithelia through mechanotransduction. Nat Cell Biol 18:168-80 (2016). PubMed: 26689676
- Suwei D et al. NLK functions to maintain proliferation and stemness of NSCLC and is a target of metformin. J Hematol Oncol 8:120 (2015). Human . PubMed: 26503334
- Grande V et al. Neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory roles of the phosphatase and tensin homolog deleted on chromosome Ten (PTEN) Inhibition in a Mouse Model of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. PLoS One 9:e114554 (2014). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 25501575
- Spigolon G et al. c-Jun N-terminal kinase signaling pathway in excitotoxic cell death following kainic acid-induced status epilepticus. Eur J Neurosci 31:1261-72 (2010). IHC-P ; Rat . PubMed: 20345908