Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to c-Jun (phospho S73)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Zebrafish
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-c-Jun (phospho S73) antibody
See all c-Jun primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to c-Jun (phospho S73)
Specificityab30620 detects endogenous levels of c-Jun only when phosphorylated at Serine 73.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Zebrafish
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human c-Jun around the phosphorylation site of Serine 73.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide.The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Corresponding non-phospho antibody
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab30620 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionTranscription factor that recognizes and binds to the enhancer heptamer motif 5'-TGA[CG]TCA-3'. Promotes activity of NR5A1 when phosphorylated by HIPK3 leading to increased steroidogenic gene expression upon cAMP signaling pathway stimulation. Involved in activated KRAS-mediated transcriptional activation of USP28 in colorectal cancer (CRC) cells (PubMed:24623306). Binds to the USP28 promoter in colorectal cancer (CRC) cells (PubMed:24623306).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. Jun subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP (basic-leucine zipper) domain.
modificationsUbiquitinated by the SCF(FBXW7), leading to its degradation. Ubiquitination takes place following phosphorylation, that promotes interaction with FBXW7.
Phosphorylated by CaMK4 and PRKDC; phosphorylation enhances the transcriptional activity. Phosphorylated by HIPK3. Phosphorylated by DYRK2 at Ser-243; this primes the protein for subsequent phosphorylation by GSK3B at Thr-239. Phosphorylated at Thr-239, Ser-243 and Ser-249 by GSK3B; phosphorylation reduces its ability to bind DNA. Phosphorylated by PAK2 at Thr-2, Thr-8, Thr-89, Thr-93 and Thr-286 thereby promoting JUN-mediated cell proliferation and transformation. Phosphorylated by PLK3 following hypoxia or UV irradiation, leading to increase DNA-binding activity.
Acetylated at Lys-271 by EP300.
- Information by UniProt
- Activator protein 1 antibody
- AP 1 antibody
- AP-1 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded human breast carcinoma tissue sections, using 1/50 Phospho c-Jun(Ser73) Antibody (ab30620). Left: untreated sample. Right: sample preincubated with synthesized phosphopeptide.
All lanes : Anti-c-Jun (phospho S73) antibody (ab30620) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from untreated Hela cells
Lane 2 : extracts from UV treated Hela cells
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Observed band size: 42 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab30620 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Zheng XM et al. MicroRNA-30e inhibits adhesion, migration, invasion and cell cycle progression of prostate cancer cells via inhibition of the activation of the MAPK signaling pathway by downregulating CHRM3. Int J Oncol 54:443-454 (2019). PubMed: 30483762
- Yang F et al. TNFa-Mediated Necroptosis Aggravates Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury in the Fatty Liver by Regulating the Inflammatory Response. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2019:2301903 (2019). PubMed: 31214277
- Chu H et al. MicroRNA-206 promotes lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation injury via regulation of IRAK1 in MRC-5 cells. Int Immunopharmacol 73:590-598 (2019). PubMed: 31279225
- Tang Q et al. miR-223/Hsp70/JNK/JUN/miR-223 feedback loop modulates the chemoresistance of osteosarcoma to cisplatin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 497:827-834 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29432736
- Gao GY et al. Ophiopogonin B induces the autophagy and apoptosis of colon cancer cells by activating JNK/c-Jun signaling pathway. Biomed Pharmacother 108:1208-1215 (2018). PubMed: 30372822
- Nowell CS et al. Chronic inflammation imposes aberrant cell fate in regenerating epithelia through mechanotransduction. Nat Cell Biol 18:168-80 (2016). PubMed: 26689676
- Suwei D et al. NLK functions to maintain proliferation and stemness of NSCLC and is a target of metformin. J Hematol Oncol 8:120 (2015). Human . PubMed: 26503334
- Grande V et al. Neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory roles of the phosphatase and tensin homolog deleted on chromosome Ten (PTEN) Inhibition in a Mouse Model of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. PLoS One 9:e114554 (2014). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 25501575
- Spigolon G et al. c-Jun N-terminal kinase signaling pathway in excitotoxic cell death following kainic acid-induced status epilepticus. Eur J Neurosci 31:1261-72 (2010). IHC-P ; Rat . PubMed: 20345908