Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR718(2)] to c-Myb
- Suitable for: WB
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-c-Myb antibody [EPR718(2)]
See all c-Myb primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR718(2)] to c-Myb
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human c-Myb aa 600-700. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Jurkat and MOLT4 cell lysates; Human colon tissue
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109127 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 72 kDa.|
FunctionTranscriptional activator; DNA-binding protein that specifically recognize the sequence 5'-YAAC[GT]G-3'. Plays an important role in the control of proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic progenitor cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 3 HTH myb-type DNA-binding domains.
DomainComprised of 3 domains; an N-terminal DNA-binding domain, a centrally located transcriptional activation domain and a C-terminal domain involved in transcriptional repression.
modificationsUbiquitinated; mediated by SIAH1 and leading to its subsequent proteasomal degradation.
Phosphorylated by NLK on multiple sites, which induces proteasomal degradation.
- Information by UniProt
- C myb antibody
- c myb protein (140 AA) antibody
- c-myb protein (140 AA) antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: c-Myb knockout HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 2: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab109127 observed at 75 kDa. Red - loading control, ab9484, observed at 37 kDa.
ab109127 was shown to specifically react with c-Myb in wild-type HAP1 cells as signal was lost in c-Myb knockout cells. Wild-type and c-Myb knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Ab109127 and ab9484 (Mouse anti-GAPDH loading control) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1/1000 dilution and 1/20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preabsorbed ab216773 and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preabsorbed ab216776 secondary antibodies at 1/10000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
All lanes : Anti-c-Myb antibody [EPR718(2)] (ab109127) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell lysates
Lane 2 : MOLT4 cell lysates
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 72 kDa
ab109127 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Morrison TA et al. A long noncoding RNA from the HBS1L-MYB intergenic region on chr6q23 regulates human fetal hemoglobin expression. Blood Cells Mol Dis 69:1-9 (2018). PubMed: 29227829
- Fan J et al. A novel role of CKIP-1 in promoting megakaryocytic differentiation. Oncotarget 8:30138-30150 (2017). PubMed: 28404913
- Li L et al. Targeting poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase and the c-Myb-regulated DNA damage response pathway in castration-resistant prostate cancer. Sci Signal 7:ra47 (2014). PubMed: 24847116
- Cyr AR et al. TFAP2C governs the luminal epithelial phenotype in mammary development and carcinogenesis. Oncogene N/A:N/A (2014). PubMed: 24469049
- Baron BW et al. GFI1B, EVI5, MYB-Additional genes that cooperate with the human BCL6 gene to promote the development of lymphomas. Blood Cells Mol Dis N/A:N/A (2013). IHC . PubMed: 23910958
- Ebata A et al. Oestrogen-induced genes in ductal carcinoma in situ: their comparison with invasive ductal carcinoma. Endocr Relat Cancer 19:485-96 (2012). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 22569827