Key features and details
- Chicken polyclonal to c-Myc
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, ELISA, WB, ICC
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgY
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Domain Families
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19233 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab37382 - Chicken polyclonal IgY, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ELISA||1/100 - 1/500.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa.|
|ICC||1/100 - 1/400.|
FunctionParticipates in the regulation of gene transcription. Binds DNA in a non-specific manner, yet also specifically recognizes the core sequence 5'-CAC[GA]TG-3'. Seems to activate the transcription of growth-related genes.
Involvement in diseaseNote=Overexpression of MYC is implicated in the etiology of a variety of hematopoietic tumors.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving MYC may be a cause of a form of B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Translocation t(8;12)(q24;q22) with BTG1.
Defects in MYC are a cause of Burkitt lymphoma (BL) [MIM:113970]. A form of undifferentiated malignant lymphoma commonly manifested as a large osteolytic lesion in the jaw or as an abdominal mass. Note=Chromosomal aberrations involving MYC are usually found in Burkitt lymphoma. Translocations t(8;14), t(8;22) or t(2;8) which juxtapose MYC to one of the heavy or light chain immunoglobulin gene loci.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PRKDC. Phosphorylation at Thr-58 and Ser-62 by GSK3 is required for ubiquitination and degradation by the proteasome.
Ubiquitinated by the SCF(FBXW7) complex when phosphorylated at Thr-58 and Ser-62, leading to its degradation by the proteasome. In the nucleoplasm, ubiquitination is counteracted by USP28, which interacts with isoform 1 of FBXW7 (FBW7alpha), leading to its deubiquitination and preventing degradation. In the nucleolus, however, ubiquitination is not counteracted by USP28, due to the lack of interaction between isoform 4 of FBXW7 (FBW7gamma) and USP28, explaining the selective MYC degradation in the nucleolus. Also polyubiquitinated by the DCX(TRUSS) complex.
Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleoplasm. Nucleus > nucleolus.
- Information by UniProt
Formc-Myc is also expressed in the cytoplasm.
- AU016757 antibody
- Avian myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog antibody
- bHLHe39 antibody
Detection of c-myc-tagged Protein by Western Blot. Samples: 200, 100, or 50 ng of E. coli whole cell lysate expressing a multi-tag fusion protein. Antibodies: Affinity purified, chicken anti-c-myc antibody (ab19233) used for WB at 0.2 µg/ml (1:5,000). Detection: Chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 10 seconds.
ab19233 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Del Toro D et al. Structural Basis of Teneurin-Latrophilin Interaction in Repulsive Guidance of Migrating Neurons. Cell 180:323-339.e19 (2020). PubMed: 31928845
- Dagan B et al. A hyperthermophilic protein G variant engineered via directed evolution prevents the formation of toxic SOD1 oligomers. Proteins N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31017342
- Jackson VA et al. Super-complexes of adhesion GPCRs and neural guidance receptors. Nat Commun 7:11184 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27091502
- Pastuszka MK et al. Flipping the Switch on Clathrin-Mediated Endocytosis using Thermally Responsive Protein Microdomains. Adv Funct Mater 24:5340-5347 (2014). PubMed: 25419208