Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to c-Myc (HRP)
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, ELISA, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.10
Constituents: 0.2% BSA, 0.05% CMIT/MIT based preservative
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Domain Families
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- Human c-Myc peptide (ab166837)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19312 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|ELISA||1/10000 - 1/100000.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa. Colorimetric. Chemiluminescent: 1/1000 - 1/30000.|
FunctionParticipates in the regulation of gene transcription. Binds DNA in a non-specific manner, yet also specifically recognizes the core sequence 5'-CAC[GA]TG-3'. Seems to activate the transcription of growth-related genes.
Involvement in diseaseNote=Overexpression of MYC is implicated in the etiology of a variety of hematopoietic tumors.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving MYC may be a cause of a form of B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Translocation t(8;12)(q24;q22) with BTG1.
Defects in MYC are a cause of Burkitt lymphoma (BL) [MIM:113970]. A form of undifferentiated malignant lymphoma commonly manifested as a large osteolytic lesion in the jaw or as an abdominal mass. Note=Chromosomal aberrations involving MYC are usually found in Burkitt lymphoma. Translocations t(8;14), t(8;22) or t(2;8) which juxtapose MYC to one of the heavy or light chain immunoglobulin gene loci.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PRKDC. Phosphorylation at Thr-58 and Ser-62 by GSK3 is required for ubiquitination and degradation by the proteasome.
Ubiquitinated by the SCF(FBXW7) complex when phosphorylated at Thr-58 and Ser-62, leading to its degradation by the proteasome. In the nucleoplasm, ubiquitination is counteracted by USP28, which interacts with isoform 1 of FBXW7 (FBW7alpha), leading to its deubiquitination and preventing degradation. In the nucleolus, however, ubiquitination is not counteracted by USP28, due to the lack of interaction between isoform 4 of FBXW7 (FBW7gamma) and USP28, explaining the selective MYC degradation in the nucleolus. Also polyubiquitinated by the DCX(TRUSS) complex.
Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleoplasm. Nucleus > nucleolus.
- Information by UniProt
Formc-Myc is also expressed in the cytoplasm.
- AU016757 antibody
- Avian myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog antibody
- bHLHe39 antibody
ICC/IF image of ab19312 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1% BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab19312, 1 µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
All lanes : Anti-c-Myc antibody (HRP) (ab19312) at 0.4 µg/ml
Lane 1 : E. coli whole cell lysate expressing a multi-tag fusion protein at 0.2 µg
Lane 2 : E. coli whole cell lysate expressing a multi-tag fusion protein at 0.1 µg
Lane 3 : E. coli whole cell lysate expressing a multi-tag fusion protein at 0.05 µg
Predicted band size: 49 kDa
Exposure time: 10 seconds
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab19312 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Wang Q et al. PIK3CA mutations confer resistance to first-line chemotherapy in colorectal cancer. Cell Death Dis 9:739 (2018). PubMed: 29970892
- Hayden RS et al. Cell-tethered ligands modulate bone remodeling by osteoblasts and osteoclasts. Adv Funct Mater 24:472-479 (2014). PubMed: 25419210
- Boshuizen RS et al. A combination of in vitro techniques for efficient discovery of functional monoclonal antibodies against human CXC chemokine receptor-2 (CXCR2). MAbs 6:1415-24 (2014). PubMed: 25484047
- Fortin JP et al. Discovery of dual-action membrane-anchored modulators of incretin receptors. PLoS One 6:e24693 (2011). ELISA . PubMed: 21935440
- Fortin JP et al. Membrane-tethered ligands are effective probes for exploring class B1 G protein-coupled receptor function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:8049-54 (2009). ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 19416829
- Choi C et al. Cellular dissection of circadian peptide signals with genetically encoded membrane-tethered ligands. Curr Biol 19:1167-75 (2009). ICC/IF . PubMed: 19592252