Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to c-Myc (phospho S62)
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-c-Myc (phospho S62) antibody
See all c-Myc primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to c-Myc (phospho S62)
Specificityab51156 detects endogenous levels of Myc only when phosphorylated at serine 62.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human c-Myc (N terminal) (phospho S62). The antiserum was produced against synthesized phosphopeptide derived from human Myc around the phosphorylation site of serine 62 (P-L-SP-P-S).
Database link: P01106
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.88% Sodium chloride, PBS
PBS without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesThe antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Domain Families
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51156 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 49 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionParticipates in the regulation of gene transcription. Binds DNA in a non-specific manner, yet also specifically recognizes the core sequence 5'-CAC[GA]TG-3'. Seems to activate the transcription of growth-related genes.
Involvement in diseaseNote=Overexpression of MYC is implicated in the etiology of a variety of hematopoietic tumors.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving MYC may be a cause of a form of B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Translocation t(8;12)(q24;q22) with BTG1.
Defects in MYC are a cause of Burkitt lymphoma (BL) [MIM:113970]. A form of undifferentiated malignant lymphoma commonly manifested as a large osteolytic lesion in the jaw or as an abdominal mass. Note=Chromosomal aberrations involving MYC are usually found in Burkitt lymphoma. Translocations t(8;14), t(8;22) or t(2;8) which juxtapose MYC to one of the heavy or light chain immunoglobulin gene loci.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PRKDC. Phosphorylation at Thr-58 and Ser-62 by GSK3 is required for ubiquitination and degradation by the proteasome.
Ubiquitinated by the SCF(FBXW7) complex when phosphorylated at Thr-58 and Ser-62, leading to its degradation by the proteasome. In the nucleoplasm, ubiquitination is counteracted by USP28, which interacts with isoform 1 of FBXW7 (FBW7alpha), leading to its deubiquitination and preventing degradation. In the nucleolus, however, ubiquitination is not counteracted by USP28, due to the lack of interaction between isoform 4 of FBXW7 (FBW7gamma) and USP28, explaining the selective MYC degradation in the nucleolus. Also polyubiquitinated by the DCX(TRUSS) complex.
Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleoplasm. Nucleus > nucleolus.
- Information by UniProt
Formc-Myc is also expressed in the cytoplasm.
- AU016757 antibody
- Avian myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog antibody
- bHLHe39 antibody
All lanes : Anti-c-Myc (phospho S62) antibody (ab51156) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from 293 cells treated
with 40nM Forskolin for 30min, with phosphopeptide
Lane 2 : extracts from 293 cells treated with 40nM Forskolin for 30min, without phosphopeptide
Predicted band size: 49 kDa
Observed band size: 49 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of c-Myc (phospho S62) expression in paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue using 1/50 ab51156. left: untreated sample. Right: sample treated with phosphopeptide.
Immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa cells, treated (left) and untreated (right) with Forskolin (40nM, 15mins), using c-Myc (phospho-Ser62) antibody.
ICC/IF image of ab51156 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formlaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab51156, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, a goat anti-rabbit DyLight® 488 (IgG; H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab51156 has been referenced in 26 publications.
- Tian Y et al. CIP2A facilitates the G1/S cell cycle transition via B-Myb in human papillomavirus 16 oncoprotein E6-expressing cells. J Cell Mol Med 22:4150-4160 (2018). PubMed: 29893470
- Zhang M et al. A peptide encoded by circular form of LINC-PINT suppresses oncogenic transcriptional elongation in glioblastoma. Nat Commun 9:4475 (2018). PubMed: 30367041
- Wang R et al. Up-Regulation of TGF-ß Promotes Tendon-to-Bone Healing after Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction using Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells through the TGF-ß/MAPK Signaling Pathway in a New Zealand White Rabbit Model. Cell Physiol Biochem 41:213-226 (2017). PubMed: 28214835
- Swidnicka-Siergiejko AK et al. Chronic inflammation initiates multiple forms of K-Ras-independent mouse pancreatic cancer in the absence of TP53. Oncogene 36:3149-3158 (2017). PubMed: 27991926
- Yan L et al. Downregulation of microRNA-30d promotes cell proliferation and invasion by targeting LRH-1 in colorectal carcinoma. Int J Mol Med 39:1371-1380 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28440426