Product nameAnti-C Reactive Protein antibody [26D7]
See all C Reactive Protein primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [26D7] to C Reactive Protein
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ChIP, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant human protein purified from E.coli
- HeLa cell lysate.
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 18th September 2017. Lot numbers higher than GR262190 will be from tissue culture supernatant. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.01% BSA, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, HEPES
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab50861 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 26 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa).|
|ChIP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionDisplays several functions associated with host defense: it promotes agglutination, bacterial capsular swelling, phagocytosis and complement fixation through its calcium-dependent binding to phosphorylcholine. Can interact with DNA and histones and may scavenge nuclear material released from damaged circulating cells.
Tissue specificityFound in plasma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the pentaxin family.
Contains 1 pentaxin domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Pentraxin 1, short antibody
- C reactive protein antibody
- C reactive protein pentraxin related antibody
All lanes : Anti-C Reactive Protein antibody [26D7] (ab50861) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 2 : SH-SY5Y cell lysate
Lane 3 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 4 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 5 : Purified CRP from human plasma
Lane 6 : Plasma from Diabetes mellitus patient
Lane 7 : Plasma from non-patient
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Observed band size: 26 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
This product has been referenced in:
- Carnuta MG et al. Dysfunctional high-density lipoproteins have distinct composition, diminished anti-inflammatory potential and discriminate acute coronary syndrome from stable coronary artery disease patients. Sci Rep 7:7295 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28779156) »
- Chu CS et al. Electronegative low-density lipoprotein increases C-reactive protein expression in vascular endothelial cells through the LOX-1 receptor. PLoS One 8:e70533 (2013). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23950953) »