Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to C Reactive Protein - Aminoterminal end
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-C Reactive Protein antibody - Aminoterminal end
See all C Reactive Protein primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to C Reactive Protein - Aminoterminal end
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence at the N-terminal of human C Reactive Protein identical to the related rat and mouse sequence.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservatives: 0.025% Thimerosal (merthiolate), 0.025% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2.5% BSA, 0.45% Sodium chloride, 0.1% Dibasic monohydrogen sodium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65842 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 25 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa).|
FunctionDisplays several functions associated with host defense: it promotes agglutination, bacterial capsular swelling, phagocytosis and complement fixation through its calcium-dependent binding to phosphorylcholine. Can interact with DNA and histones and may scavenge nuclear material released from damaged circulating cells.
Tissue specificityFound in plasma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the pentaxin family.
Contains 1 pentaxin domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Pentraxin 1, short antibody
- C reactive protein antibody
- C reactive protein pentraxin related antibody
ab65842 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Savran M et al. The Impact of Prophylactic Lacosamide on LPS-Induced Neuroinflammation in Aged Rats. Inflammation 42:1913-1924 (2019). PubMed: 31267274
- Henze LA et al. Impact of C-reactive protein on osteo-/chondrogenic transdifferentiation and calcification of vascular smooth muscle cells. Aging (Albany NY) 11:5445-5462 (2019). PubMed: 31377747
- Inoue M et al. Plasma redox imbalance caused by albumin oxidation promotes lung-predominant NETosis and pulmonary cancer metastasis. Nat Commun 9:5116 (2018). PubMed: 30504805
- Asci H et al. The impact of gallic acid on the methotrexate-induced kidney damage in rats. J Food Drug Anal 25:890-897 (2017). PubMed: 28987366