Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to C Reactive Protein - Aminoterminal end
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-C Reactive Protein antibody - Aminoterminal end
See all C Reactive Protein primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to C Reactive Protein - Aminoterminal end
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence at the N-terminal of human C Reactive Protein identical to the related rat and mouse sequence.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservatives: 0.025% Thimerosal (merthiolate), 0.025% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2.5% BSA, 0.45% Sodium chloride, 0.1% Dibasic monohydrogen sodium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65842 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 25 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa).|
FunctionDisplays several functions associated with host defense: it promotes agglutination, bacterial capsular swelling, phagocytosis and complement fixation through its calcium-dependent binding to phosphorylcholine. Can interact with DNA and histones and may scavenge nuclear material released from damaged circulating cells.
Tissue specificityFound in plasma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the pentaxin family.
Contains 1 pentaxin domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Pentraxin 1, short antibody
- C reactive protein antibody
- C reactive protein pentraxin related antibody
ab65842 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Savran M et al. The Impact of Prophylactic Lacosamide on LPS-Induced Neuroinflammation in Aged Rats. Inflammation 42:1913-1924 (2019). PubMed: 31267274
- Henze LA et al. Impact of C-reactive protein on osteo-/chondrogenic transdifferentiation and calcification of vascular smooth muscle cells. Aging (Albany NY) 11:5445-5462 (2019). PubMed: 31377747
- Inoue M et al. Plasma redox imbalance caused by albumin oxidation promotes lung-predominant NETosis and pulmonary cancer metastasis. Nat Commun 9:5116 (2018). PubMed: 30504805
- Asci H et al. The impact of gallic acid on the methotrexate-induced kidney damage in rats. J Food Drug Anal 25:890-897 (2017). PubMed: 28987366