Product nameAnti-C Reactive Protein antibody [C6] (HRP)
See all C Reactive Protein primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [C6] to C Reactive Protein (HRP)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, Sandwich ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native protein (purified) (Human)
General notesSpecific antibody titer in ELISA is > 10 to the power of -6
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Proclin
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
ELISA pair antibody
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24462 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
sELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Can be paired for ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [C5] to C Reactive Protein (ab8279) and Mouse monoclonal [C7] to C Reactive Protein (ab8280).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionDisplays several functions associated with host defense: it promotes agglutination, bacterial capsular swelling, phagocytosis and complement fixation through its calcium-dependent binding to phosphorylcholine. Can interact with DNA and histones and may scavenge nuclear material released from damaged circulating cells.
Tissue specificityFound in plasma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the pentaxin family.
Contains 1 pentaxin domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Pentraxin 1, short antibody
- C reactive protein antibody
- C reactive protein pentraxin related antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Verschoor CP et al. DNA methylation patterns are related to co-morbidity status and circulating C-reactive protein levels in the nursing home elderly. Exp Gerontol 105:47-52 (2018). Sandwich ELISA . Read more (PubMed: 29032243) »
- Verschoor CP et al. Serum C-Reactive Protein and Congestive Heart Failure as Significant Predictors of Herpes Zoster Vaccine Response in Elderly Nursing Home Residents. J Infect Dis 216:191-197 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28838148) »