Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [7H8] to C1q
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-C1q antibody [7H8]
See all C1q primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [7H8] to C1q
SpecificityImmunization schedule and immunogen used has been described in the following article: Wasiliu, M et al; Monoclonal antibodies to complement components without the need of their prior purification. I. Antibodies to mouse C1q. Hybridoma 1989, 8 (6): 615.
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species IHC-FrMouse
This information is considered to be commercially sensitive.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notes0.2 µm filtered
Light chain typekappa
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11861 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
FunctionC1q associates with the proenzymes C1r and C1s to yield C1, the first component of the serum complement system. The collagen-like regions of C1q interact with the Ca(2+)-dependent C1r(2)C1s(2) proenzyme complex, and efficient activation of C1 takes place on interaction of the globular heads of C1q with the Fc regions of IgG or IgM antibody present in immune complexes.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in C1QA are a cause of complement component C1q deficiency (C1QD) [MIM:613652]. A rare defect resulting in C1 deficiency and impaired activation of the complement classical pathway. C1 deficiency generally leads to severe immune complex disease with features of systemic lupus erythematosus and glomerulonephritis.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C1q domain.
Contains 1 collagen-like domain.
modificationsO-linked glycans consist of Glc-Gal disaccharides bound to the oxygen atom of post-translationally added hydroxyl groups.
- Information by UniProt
- C1qa antibody
- C1QA_HUMAN antibody
- C1QB antibody
ab11861 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Takahashi H et al. Opposing effects of progranulin deficiency on amyloid and tau pathologies via microglial TYROBP network. Acta Neuropathol 133:785-807 (2017). PubMed: 28070672
- Bandini S et al. The non-inflammatory role of C1q during Her2/neu-driven mammary carcinogenesis. Oncoimmunology 5:e1253653 (2016). PubMed: 28123895
- Zhang Z et al. Dysregulation of synaptogenesis genes antecedes motor neuron pathology in spinal muscular atrophy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:19348-53 (2013). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 24191055
- Linnartz B et al. Sialic acid on the neuronal glycocalyx prevents complement C1 binding and complement receptor-3-mediated removal by microglia. J Neurosci 32:946-52 (2012). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 22262892
- Lopez ME et al. Neuronal and epithelial cell rescue resolves chronic systemic inflammation in the lipid storage disorder Niemann-Pick C. Hum Mol Genet : (2012). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 22493001
- Ankeny DP et al. B cells produce pathogenic antibodies and impair recovery after spinal cord injury in mice. J Clin Invest 119:2990-9 (2009). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . PubMed: 19770513
- O' Reilly LA et al. Membrane-bound Fas ligand only is essential for Fas-induced apoptosis. Nature 461:659-63 (2009). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 19794494
- Lobsiger CS et al. Toxicity from different SOD1 mutants dysregulates the complement system and the neuronal regenerative response in ALS motor neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:7319-26 (2007). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . PubMed: 17463094
- Suresh MV et al. Role of the property of C-reactive protein to activate the classical pathway of complement in protecting mice from pneumococcal infection. J Immunol 176:4369-74 (2006). ELISA ; Mouse . PubMed: 16547275
- Wasiliu M et al. Monoclonal antibodies to complement components without the need of their prior purification. I. Antibodies to mouse C1q. Hybridoma 8:615-22 (1989). PubMed: 2482249