Key features and details
- Potent, cell-permeable Wnt signaling pathway inhibitor
- CAS Number: 1243243-89-1
- Purity: > 97%
- Soluble in ethanol to 10 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameC59, Wnt Antagonist, Wnt signaling pathway inhibitor
DescriptionPotent, cell-permeable Wnt signaling pathway inhibitor
Potent Wnt signaling pathway inhibitor. Inhibits porcupine (PORCN) required for Wnt palmitoylation, secretion, and biological activity. Inhibits Wnt-mediated transcription (IC50 = 74 pM) and cell proliferation. Active in vivo.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in ethanol to 10 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab142216 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Kozielewicz P et al. Structural insight into small molecule action on Frizzleds. Nat Commun 11:414 (2020). PubMed: 31964872
- Willems L et al. Differentiation of Human Cardiac Atrial Appendage Stem Cells into Adult Cardiomyocytes: A Role for the Wnt Pathway? Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32486259
- Takakura N et al. Generation and characterization of Suncus murinus intestinal organoid: a useful tool for studying motilin secretion. Cell Biol Int N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31293061
- Valnohova J et al. Functional dissection of the N-terminal extracellular domains of Frizzled 6 reveals their roles for receptor localization and Dishevelled recruitment. J Biol Chem 293:17875-17887 (2018). PubMed: 30237173
- Lin HK et al. Caveolin-1 down-regulation is required for Wnt5a-Frizzled 2 signalling in Ha-RasV12 -induced cell transformation. J Cell Mol Med N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29502342
- Xian L et al. HMGA1 amplifies Wnt signalling and expands the intestinal stem cell compartment and Paneth cell niche. Nat Commun 8:15008 (2017). PubMed: 28452345
- Lu W et al. CXCL12/CXCR4 Axis Regulates Aggrecanase Activation and Cartilage Degradation in a Post-Traumatic Osteoarthritis Rat Model. Int J Mol Sci 17:N/A (2016). PubMed: 27690009
- Arthofer E et al. WNT Stimulation Dissociates a Frizzled 4 Inactive-State Complex with Ga12/13. Mol Pharmacol 90:447-59 (2016). PubMed: 27458145