Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal  to C5a / C5a des Arg
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, Functional Studies, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-C5a / C5a des Arg antibody 
See all C5a / C5a des Arg primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal  to C5a / C5a des Arg
SpecificityThis antibody reacts with a neo-epitope on C5a that is formed upon cleavage of C5 into C5a and C5b. It will detect C5a and C5a des-Arg (Not C5).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, Functional Studies, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
This information is considered to be commercially sensitive.
- Eye tissue of patient with age-related macular degeneration AMD IF/ICC: HeLa cell line.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notes0.2 µm filtered
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11877 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceC5 is involved in the activation of the lytic pathway within the complement system, which is an important factor in innate immunity.
- Anaphylatoxin C5a analog antibody
- C5 antibody
- C5a anaphylatoxin antibody
ICC/IF image of ab11877 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab11877, 10µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96879, DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
IHC image of ab11877 staining in normal human liver formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab11877, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab11877 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Neri T et al. Human pre-valvular endocardial cells derived from pluripotent stem cells recapitulate cardiac pathophysiological valvulogenesis. Nat Commun 10:1929 (2019). PubMed: 31028265
- Kajikawa T et al. Safety and Efficacy of the Complement Inhibitor AMY-101 in a Natural Model of Periodontitis in Non-human Primates. Mol Ther Methods Clin Dev 6:207-215 (2017). IHC-P ; Cynomolgus monkey . PubMed: 28879212
- Nozaki M et al. Drusen complement components C3a and C5a promote choroidal neovascularization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:2328-33 (2006). PubMed: 16452172