Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal  to C5a / C5a des Arg
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-C5a / C5a des Arg antibody 
See all C5a / C5a des Arg primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal  to C5a / C5a des Arg
This antibody reacts with a neo-epitope (des-Arg) on C5a that is formed upon cleavage of C5 into C5a and C5b. It will detect C5a and C5a des-Arg (Not C5).
Please notice that under given conditions it is known that C5 can expose epitopes normally only found in the cleaved activation products.
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Human Granulocytes
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notes0.2 µm filtered
RelevanceC5 is involved in the activation of the lytic pathway within the complement system, which is an important factor in innate immunity.
- Anaphylatoxin C5a analog antibody
- C5 antibody
- C5a anaphylatoxin antibody
ab11878 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Yuan K et al. Complement C3 overexpression activates JAK2/STAT3 pathway and correlates with gastric cancer progression. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 39:9 (2020). PubMed: 31928530
- Arbore G et al. Complement receptor CD46 co-stimulates optimal human CD8+ T cell effector function via fatty acid metabolism. Nat Commun 9:4186 (2018). PubMed: 30305631
- Xi W et al. High Level of Anaphylatoxin C5a Predicts Poor Clinical Outcome in Patients with Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma. Sci Rep 6:29177 (2016). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 27381421
- Ecker SM et al. Aqueous cytokine and growth factor levels do not reliably reflect those levels found in the vitreous. Mol Vis 17:2856-63 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22128233
- Nozaki M et al. Drusen complement components C3a and C5a promote choroidal neovascularization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:2328-33 (2006). IHC-Fr ; Mouse, Human . PubMed: 16452172
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org